Season Finale - Series 4 - SPOILERS!!

Pyan

Noli oblivisci linteum!
Staff member
Supporter
Warning! Spoilers!!

And I really, really mean that....

Reading in Death Ray magazine about the season finale - unbelievable number of
"guests"...Rose, Martha, Sarah Jane, K-9: Captain Jack, Gwen and Ianto from Torchwood: Davros, assorted Daleks....and possibly a visit to Skaro....Woo!
And it's a two-parter...Should be quite a ride....:D

Sounds interesting, to say the least. They must be pulling out all the stops to say goodbye to David Tennant.

Isn't David Tennant in the series of specials that make up the next "season"?

Tat's what I was thinking, and as far as I am aware there has been no official announcemnt to him leaving, but lot of stuff from Russel T. about him staying

Isn't David Tennant in the series of specials that make up the next "season"?

Yes, that's correct, according to the article - four or five "specials", probably 90 minutes long, and with DT as the Doctor, in 2009, then a new "regular" season in 2010. Who the Doctor will be in that season is yet to be confirmed.

Incidentally, at a recent press conference, RTD introduced Catherine Tate as "...in her first season as the Doctors companion".

First? Implying there'll be more?

Good...I was thinking about this earlier, I wouldn't mind her staying on for another season. There's no written rule that a companion has to pack up and leave at the end of every series (Billie Piper stayed for two, didn't she).

That sounds like a fantastic season finale. It's like all my favourite characters rolled into one epic ending, especially with K9, Davros, the Daleks and Captain Jack. Awesome.

Well, you can't have the boss without his minions and in Dr Who terms that does really apply to both sides of the fence. As I've listed elsewhere, my TV guide did review the history of Davros on the same double-spread as "there's absolute security about who the end of season baddie is..." so for me it was expected. And he won't come without Daleks. As for Dr Who getting the band back together (sorry, too much SG-1 S9 recently), is it reasonable to say that Davros/Daleks are his most formidable enemy? For which logically the Doctor'd need a full three-parter and all his helpers.

Incidentally, at a recent press conference, RTD introduced Catherine Tate as "...in her first season as the Doctors companion".

It may not mean that she'll be around for two whole seasons, though. Companions have left part way through a season, especially if the Doctor has more than one travelling with him at the same time.

It may not mean that she'll be around for two whole seasons, though. Companions have left part way through a season, especially if the Doctor has more than one travelling with him at the same time.

It would be advisable that one of the companions stay on for the regeneration whenever it happens. If a companion left and then the doctor regenerated, there would be no-one to react to the doctor's new appearance. It would almost be pointless!

well, they're now showing the "rest-of-season" trailer on bbc1....it's time to re-acquaint yourself with the back of the sofa. "the stars are going out", indeed.
and to heavily misquote Sir Alec, "that's no dalek".

Back