Return of Blake's 7?

My pick for Avon would be Colin Salmon, who's done a brilliant job playing him in the recent audio dramas. James Purefoy would also be superb, but his profile is now quite high and he's moved into making films, so that may be out of the question.

Who would you have playing Servelan? (Bear in mind that in this day and age Servelan doesn't have to be a woman and Avon doesn't have to be a man.) :)

Who would you have playing Servelan? (Bear in mind that in this day and age Servelan doesn't have to be a woman and Avon doesn't have to be a man.) :)

Miranda Raison? She didn't look too bad with short hair in Spooks. Possibly have Richard Armitage as Travis.

And the horror of a female Avon? Pur-lease!

But I hope someone does finally extract digit and give us a new imagining of B7 one day, even if the current project has fallen through. We're starting to watch the whole cycle again from the beginning - having just finished the wonder that is Firefly for about the fifth time, damn those idiots for pulling the plug on THAT one! - and the early episodes are pretty hilarious. Wonky sets, lots of repeated footage, extreme reaction shots beyond what is actually necessary. And of course the old quarry appears in about the third episode and never really goes away.

It would take hard work to beat the tug of that fantastic theme music though. I wonder if they'd keep it, or a jazzed-up version of it, just as they did with the Dr Who theme.

I visited one of those old quarries when I was on holiday last year.

I couldn't resist wobbling a bit and making that music that occurs whenever the crew of the Liberator teleport down.

Duuh-da-da-da-duhhh!

Luckily, no one was watching.

You think that, if it gives you comfort.

Luckily, they had a snowballs chance in a very hot place of working out what you were doing.

I, though, am chuckling at the idea of the wobbling thing and the wobbling noise accompanying it!

And if they ever do remake Blakes 7 they better keep the theme music, which is totally cool, dude!

If anyone was watching they probably thought I was in some strange cult or something! (Which, if you think of this forum, I arguably am!)

And they have to keep that theme tune, absolutely! It hasn't aged a bit--they were savvy in not getting too 'futurey' with it.

Have you heard that they once planned to have Stephen Pacey (Tarrant) sing lyrics to it? I think the words exist somewhere, something like 'lets fly to Andromeda, my love' or something equally as daft. Season 4, as I recall. I'll have to search for them.

As promised (or threatened) here are the abortive proposed lyrics for the theme tune. Sing along now, folks--

Distant Star

There's a distant star
in a distant sky
past the edge of time
way past Gemini.
Peace is there,
only beauty meets the eye.
Oh my love,
that's where we must fly,
and let the world go by,
Just you and I.

Come, hit the Stardust Trail,
we'll throw our cap at Mars; (J-WO note- What?)
we'll catch a comet's tail,
and we'll sail
to the stars!

Though the years go by
like a silver stream,
if our love is true,
we will find our dream.
Travellin' on,
suddenly that's where we are;
That distant star,
that distant star,
that shining distant star!
blrule.gif

I'm a little unsure how they fit when we get to the chorus part, but the first verse is inspired. Love it!

That's the odd one where they're all players in some ghostly spaceship revival, isn't it? Typical Tanith Lee territory. Loads of shimmering green and pink nylon and a kind of space-lyre.