Dresden Files - Welcome to the Jungle (Comic)

Rothgar

I picked up the first Dresden Files comic this weekend titled Welcome to the Jungle. It's the first part in an all new four part story. Here's a description of the story from Jim Butcher's website:

"Harry Dresden is on the case again, this time investigating a brutal mauling at the Lincoln Park Zoo that has left a security guard dead and many questions unanswered. But Dresden isn't a private detective, looking for a murderer he's a wizard, with the ability to interact with the magical world around our own, and to see that there's much more to this case than a simple animal attack. As Dresden begins to hunt for clues to figure out who is really behind this crime, he finds himself next on the victims list."

Bottom line, if you're a fan you'll want to pick up this story. The first issue was good but was definitely a tease of the bigger story. The art was great, and the story carried all the clever and comedic lines found in any of the novels. And I thought it was cool that there were no advertisements interrupting the story. Has anyone else picked it up yet?

I'd have mine, but the shipment that arrived at my local comic book shop was damaged, so they had to send them all back. :( So, I'm waiting for their new shipment to come in.

I'm really happy to hear that you liked the first issue Rothgar my friend :) It only gets better :)

I finally got mine and I really enjoyed it too. I loved the comedic lines - classic Harry. The art is great too. I can't wait for the rest.

My local comic book shop is waiting on the new shipment, since their first one contained a fleet of damaged books.

I wanna read 'em... but can't - b/c they don't have 'em.... :(

Alas, I am lacking in funding at the moment and can't do that either. So, I'll have to wait.

I am now in possession of both issues 1 and 2 and have read them both and, my my, Mr. Butcher is all but torturing poor Harry - again!

I'm just amused that the 'blue beetle' is still fully blue...

Highlander, after the trouble you went to in getting the second issue you might like to hear this.

Last week when I finally made it back to the comic book shop they were out of issue #2, but they had issue #3 which I picked up. So now here I sit with issues one and three with #2 ordered through the Dabel Bros. website. Also the day I picked up issue one I had to go to two different stores because the first store was sold out. You would think if they are selling out of all the issues for a new comic that they would stock a few more copies.

Highlander, after the trouble you went to in getting the second issue you might like to hear this.

Last week when I finally made it back to the comic book shop they were out of issue #2, but they had issue #3 which I picked up. So now here I sit with issues one and three with #2 ordered through the Dabel Bros. website. Also the day I picked up issue one I had to go to two different stores because the first store was sold out. You would think if they are selling out of all the issues for a new comic that they would stock a few more copies.

Getting the 2nd issue was easy; 1st one was harder. So I had issue #2 hanging around for more than a month just sitting there, looking at me, b/c I couldn't read the first one b/c I didn't have it. Ordered it from Dabel Bros site and now I just have to go back to the comic shop to get #3.

re: The Blue Beetle - it could *also* be that this is before it gets it's beating. We'll have to wait and see, I guess.

I thought I had read somewhere that it took place between 'Storm Front' and 'Full Moon'. I could be wrong though. :confused:

I honestly don't remember. However, if it *is* between books 1 and 2, then the Beetle's wrong, if it's before - it *could* work. Not that it matters all that much - the Beetle made an appearance. *g*