Anyone a fan of the Myst Games?

Sylanya

Half-elf
I'm not much of a gamer, but the games that I really love to play, and almost play exclusively when I can find the time for them, is the Myst games. I just love trying to solve the puzzles and seeing the awesome Ages and everything. I love the designs. I think my favorite of the series is probably Myst 3: Exile.

What about you guys?

I'm a huge adventure game fan.

So.....No I hate Myst :)

Seriously though, I'm not a fan of the 1st one. Myst 4 was brilliant though.

I only ever played the first one, it took me six months to get through, on and off. The first few weeks though were all night adventures. I think that one drained all my brain function as I have not been the same since!!!!!
Serously though I enjoyed it heaps but I have never taken on the others.

Absolutely love, love, LOVE the Myst series. At least volumes I through IV; haven't played V yet.

My personal favorite was the second installment, and my least favorite was the third. But they're all great. That series has some locations that I really feel like I've been to -- I think I could walk around the various islands in Riven in real life and remember just where everything is, even though I've not played the game in years.

And the music... so perfect, so powerful. I still remember in the first game, when you enter a sort of underwater chamber with this gorgeous, subdued blue lighting (there's a sort of compass-type puzzle in there IIRC), the music goes through this beautiful, dark chord change. So evocative. And I love how the musical themes of the first game were echoed in the fourth, as it was was more of a direct sequel.

Yeah, so now I want to play Myst again... :D