Fun: mediaeval personality test

[SIZE=+2][SIZE=+1]
y.gif
our distinct personality, The Discoverer, might be found in most of the thriving kingdoms of the time. Your overriding goal is to go where no one else has ever gone before. Regardless of the number of available natural problems to be solved, it is not unusual for you to continually challenge yourself with new situations or obstacles that you have created. You are an insatiable explorer of people, places, things and ideas. You thrive on constant change and anything new or different. On the positive side, you can be creatively rational as well as open minded and just. On the negative side, you might be an impractical and indecisive procrastinator. Interestingly, your preference is just as applicable in today's corporate kingdoms...[/SIZE][/SIZE]

[SIZE=+1]
y.gif
our distinct personality, The Black Knight, might be found in most of the thriving kingdoms of the time. Your overriding goal is to win. You approach each task or situation as a contest to be won strategically and efficiently. Because you can control your feelings, it is not unusual for you to charm, as well as successfully delegate tasks and responsibilities to the more emotional types. You are often concerned with what's in it for you. You seldom involve yourself in activities where you can not foresee a reward for your investment or effort. On the positive side, you can be analytically empathic and logically persuasive. On the negative side, you may be unemotionally manipulative as well as impulsive. Interestingly, your preference is just as applicable in today's corporate kingdoms.[/SIZE]

y.gif
our distinct personality, The Discoverer, might be found in most of the thriving kingdoms of the time. Your overriding goal is to go where no one else has ever gone before. Regardless of the number of available natural problems to be solved, it is not unusual for you to continually challenge yourself with new situations or obstacles that you have created. You are an insatiable explorer of people, places, things and ideas. You thrive on constant change and anything new or different. On the positive side, you can be creatively rational as well as open minded and just. On the negative side, you might be an impractical and indecisive procrastinator. Interestingly, your preference is just as applicable in today's corporate kingdoms.

Laura J. Underwood
Author of Dragon's Tongue

Here comes another Benevolent Ruler but I have no wish to rule, I'd rather be a discoverer!

Your distinct personality, The Discoverer, might be found in most of the thriving kingdoms of the time. Your overriding goal is to go where no one else has ever gone before. Regardless of the number of available natural problems to be solved, it is not unusual for you to continually challenge yourself with new situations or obstacles that you have created. You are an insatiable explorer of people, places, things and ideas. You thrive on constant change and anything new or different. On the positive side, you can be creatively rational as well as open minded and just. On the negative side, you might be an impractical and indecisive procrastinator. Interestingly, your preference is just as applicable in today's corporate kingdoms.

It isn't surprising to me that most of us would have ended up being the benevolent ruler type. We live in an age that is relatively enlightened to the one that is being referenced. We haven't been raised in to the harsh and brutish civilization that was medeival europe so its easy for us to be generous and kind as this is the way most of us are raised. This is what our culture tells us we should strive for. I once proposed to one of my history professors the idea of studying the Crusades and those that went on Crusade using modern sociological concepts. He told me that this couldn't work because the people of the middle ages were different than people are now...less educated, ultra-religious, and no where near as sophisticated as we are today. He was right. (the idea might work better with the Roman Rupublic or the Golden Age Greeks) But I digress. You get my gist. :)

I appear to be a Discoverer....

y.gif
our distinct personality, The Discoverer, might be found in most of the thriving kingdoms of the time. Your overriding goal is to go where no one else has ever gone before. Regardless of the number of available natural problems to be solved, it is not unusual for you to continually challenge yourself with new situations or obstacles that you have created. You are an insatiable explorer of people, places, things and ideas. You thrive on constant change and anything new or different. On the positive side, you can be creatively rational as well as open minded and just. On the negative side, you might be an impractical and indecisive procrastinator. Interestingly, your preference is just as applicable in today's corporate kingdoms.

A while ago I did this and got Black Knight...rather surprised with the new result.

Crikey I got:

[SIZE=+2][SIZE=+1]
y.gif
our distinct personality, The White Knight, might be found in most of the thriving kingdoms of the time. Don Quixote was a White Knight as was Joan of Arc, the Lone Ranger and Crusader Rabbit. As a White Knight you expect nothing in return for your good deeds. You are one of the true "Givers" of the world. You are the anonymous philanthropist who shares your wealth, your time and your life with others. To give, is its own reward and as a White Knight you seek no other. On the positive side you are merciful, sympathetic, helpful, giving and heroic. On the negative side you may be impulsively decisive, sentimental and misdirected. Interestingly, your preference is just as applicable in today's corporate kingdoms.

[/SIZE][/SIZE]

A Benevolent Ruler. As if anyone would let me be in charge of anything...:D

Re: Fun: mediaeval personality test
[SIZE=+2][SIZE=+1]
y.gif

Yep sounds a bit like me.... and I wanted to be the princess, bugger
[/SIZE][/SIZE]

That's unusual. I wasn't expecting that result. I think I'm the only one here!

[SIZE=+1]
y.gif
our distinct personality, The Engineer-Builder might be found in most of the thriving kingdoms of the time. Your overriding goal is to stick with the plan and get the job done. "If it ain't broken don't fix it." is your motto. You provide structure and stability to your world. Your procedures are predictable and dependable. Your methods are proven and tested. You offer results not surprises. On the positive side, you are practical, just, realistic, pragmatic and rational. On the negative side, you may be dogmatic, rigid, short-sighted, indecisive and unimaginative. Interestingly, your preference is just as applicable in today's corporate kingdoms.[/SIZE]

That's unusual. I wasn't expecting that result. I think I'm the only one here!

[SIZE=+1]
y.gif
our distinct personality, The Engineer-Builder...[/SIZE]

Actually, I got this test wrong.:eek: I scored it the wrong way (in my defence, it was relatively early). I did think it was somewhat wrong, and now I know why.

I'm not sure how well this ones fits me, but it describes me better than engineer builder.

[SIZE=+1]
[SIZE=+1]
y.gif
our distinct personality, The White Knight, might be found in most of the thriving kingdoms of the time. Don Quixote was a White Knight as was Joan of Arc, the Lone Ranger and Crusader Rabbit. As a White Knight you expect nothing in return for your good deeds. You are one of the true "Givers" of the world. You are the anonymous philanthropist who shares your wealth, your time and your life with others. To give, is its own reward and as a White Knight you seek no other. On the positive side you are merciful, sympathetic, helpful, giving and heroic. On the negative side you may be impulsively decisive, sentimental and misdirected. Interestingly, your preference is just as applicable in today's corporate kingdoms

:eek:I still feel incredibly stupid for getting the test wrong this morning.:eek:[/SIZE][/SIZE]

y.gif
our distinct personality, The Dreamer-Minstrel might be found in most of the thriving kingdoms of the time. You can always see the "Silver Lining" to every dark and dreary cloud. Look at the bright side is your motto and understanding why everything happens for the best is your goal. You are the positive optimist of the world who provides the hope for all humankind. There is nothing so terrible that you can not find some good within it. On the positive side, you are spontaneous, charismatic, idealistic and empathic. On the negative side, you may be a sentimental dreamer who is emotionally impractical. Interestingly, your preference is just as applicable in today's corporate kingdoms.'

I think this is accurate in many ways, but I'm probably veering towards disillusioned dreamer-minstrel at the moment! It's quite uplifting to think from these results that no matter how often I say I'm bound to end up as an embittered crazy cat-lady (who doesn't even like cats), I can still see the bright side in life! I definitely think that my factory setting tends towards 'happy idealist'... now I need to apply this to 'today's corporate kingdoms' and I'm set! ;)

The Discoverer

Your overriding goal is to go where no one else has ever gone before. Regardless of the number of available natural problems to be solved, it is not unusual for you to continually challenge yourself with new situations or obstacles that you have created. You are an insatiable explorer of people, places, things and ideas. You thrive on constant change and anything new or different. On the positive side, you can be creatively rational as well as open minded and just. On the negative side, you might be an impractical and indecisive procrastinator.

y.gif
our distinct personality, The Dreamer-Minstrel might be found in most of the thriving kingdoms of the time. You can always see the "Silver Lining" to every dark and dreary cloud. Look at the bright side is your motto and understanding why everything happens for the best is your goal. You are the positive optimist of the world who provides the hope for all humankind. There is nothing so terrible that you can not find some good within it. On the positive side, you are spontaneous, charismatic, idealistic and empathic. On the negative side, you may be a sentimental dreamer who is emotionally impractical. Interestingly, your preference is just as applicable in today's corporate kingdoms.