30.01: Partners in Crime

Didn't like the Adipose at all and I'm getting pretty sick of the oft repeated scenes of people standing in the street watching the latest CGI monster/creation wander by. No doubt next week will have a scene of Romans standing in the street looking worried as the latest CGI creation makes an appearance.

All in all, a very average episode. Hopefully it will improve.

I enjoyed it - loved the little fatties - they wave just like my toddler son does - the whole hand including the wrist - very cute

I also liked the minute Donna and the Doc first see each other. Oh My God - you just knew she was going to say that !

She is less shouty in this than the xmas special which is good and I reckon she'll be a good companion.

But..............the surprise ending.........really was to me, I had no idea. So what was that all about then.

I did miss the odd minute here and there cos of txts from well meaning friends who seem to think they needed to tell me how much I look like Catherine Tate - actually I'm older so she looks like me.......

Overall this was a good episode, I found the mouthing part very funny. Donna wasnt as annoying as she was in the Crimble episode, as I suspect she has grown as a person and had to deal with the loss of her Dad (the actor who played him in the Christmas episode sady died just round fiming for the new series started) Brenard Cribbins was excellent as her Grandad.

they have changed the theme music and I wasnt all that keen at first but it grew on me. Take your points about it being more threatining, but with the new bad guys coming in it needs to be.

So far so good the charicters required that grounding that they recived we shall see what happens next.

Hmmm, do you think they could be said to be living off the fat of the land in that episode?

I liked the episode and I thought the little Adipose creatures were fantastic! I need a model of one of them!

I wonder what will happen with Rose... Is she coming back? Fortunately I've managed to stay away from a lot of the press surrounding the series, so it's all a big surprise to me!

Brilliant writing when so-called disjointed words and phrases don't appear to go anywhere. I'm gonna start taking notes on these and see how long it is before the oddities pop up in other episodes. Very good. I enjoyed it. As I enjoyed the next episode. Keeps me glued to the set on a Saturday night.

Hated the theme tune.

Loved the miming.

I want some of those Adipose to take away my spare flab. At a kilo a go I reckon I could make about 10 of them quite easily!!

Reserving judgement on CT, but I like the fact that there will be no moping and pining after the Doctor - he's MINE!!

Liked Bernard Cribbins, especially at the end when he saw the TARDIS.

And a note about the theme music. I commented in the Voyage of the Damned thread that more drums had been added to the theme, which I didn't like. It seems that the theme has once again been added to for this series. I don't kow what it is, but it sounds a lot fuller and threatening than it did. More bass, I think, and more drums.
agreed... there's something about the new music that I just don't like. It might be just that I don't like it when TV programmes change their music. Otherwise, I thought it was a fantastic start to a new series. As far as casting goes, I much prefer David&Freema to Chris&Billie. I think they are much more animated and I think David is more versatile. I can't wait for Freema's return, but I can cope with Catherine Tate until then - she's funny x

Also hate the new theme tune. Didn't particularly like the episode or the oh-so-cute Adipose. But I can see how they would appeal to kids and it is, after all, a kids show and not really aimed at crinklies like me.

I've also seen the second episode and wasn't over-enamoured with that, either, so I'm still waiting for this series to pick up. Which I'm sure it will eventually.