stargate the next gen lol

decuire

Science fiction fantasy
sorry for the long delay in my logging in (the wows of law enforcement for work lol)

but i have found this info on the 3rd installment of stargate
The working title of the third Stargate series has been unveiled! The series currently exists in the form of a one-page treatment of the story and characters, with the title Stargate Universe, executive producer Robert C. Cooper told GateWorld exclusively.

The new series has been conceived to be "a completely separate, third entity," Cooper said in an interview -- "much more so than Atlantis was. Atlantis was much more of a spin-off series of SG-1 and was sort of born out of SG-1."

Like many of the producers ideas, Cooper said, the idea for Stargate Universe was originally conceived as a stand-alone movie. "When we originally were sitting around talking about this we were trying to come up with ideas for a Stargate feature -- not an SG-1 feature or an Atlantis feature, but a feature that would fit into the Stargate franchise that we feel we have created," Cooper said. "We were thinking, 'How do we create a third arm to the franchise that is very connective and that fans will feel is born out of the material that has come before, but at the same time is very much something that stands alone?'

to read more gateworld.net/news/2007/03/third_series_is_istargate_univer.shtml gate world.com

also will hopefully be talking with rebert cooper in june / july so might have more info on this by then

Honestly - - LET IT DIE!
Stargate has had its run - its been a blooming good run, but its getting weak now. Even the original started to drop bits for the aid of simplicity and episode timing (just why is every alien in the universe now speaking american?)
Atlantis was weaker because so much of it is relying on "cheap end" CGI (probably the best they can get, but its taking the flavour set-up in the film out now).
A new series that is disconnected is a good move forward to make, but I just don't think its going to have to depth - I might be wrong, but considering the quality that is being made across the board now in films and TV I don't think I am far wrong.

I liked Atlantis all right when it started, b/c it held the original 'flavor' of SG-1 and how it worked, but, somewhere, I think they slipped off track and I'm not sure they've quite made it back.

A 3rd installment? Eh - not sure. We'll see what happens.

Hmm, I'm not sure about a third incarnation of the Stargate theme. Atlantis was pretty good for the first couple of seasons, and then my interest waned a bit - that might simply be my situation, or not - I don't know. I'd possibly be interested if they could come up with something new and original, with depth of storyline (as OR said), but for now I'm content with the old series.

My Stargate 'love' ramps up a bit about a month before Gatecon each time I'm heading up there. So, it should be kicking in soon, as Gatecon's about 6 weeks away...

Not sure I'll dig into Atlantis much more, but we'll see.