Plot ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aien

Helios is mine
Ok. So, I been looking through a bit and didn't see any thread for this, apologies if there is one.
Just post new plot/genre ideas here, and get comments on the story, before investing time into creating characters and a storyline.
And please keep ideas to one or two lines, this is for veeeerrrry basic plot, not the first chapter...

I was thinking of doing a cross between fantasy and modern action, kinda like Matthew Reilly (action - anyone read Temple?) meets David Eddings = The range is too far for his AK47, so he just piffs a fireball over there instead...

Oh, and read Temple. Definetly read Temple. Hehe;)

hmm techno fantasy - the trick with that is that magic is often as or more powerful the technology - you have to make a strong justification for the advance of technology with magic present (magic is limited in who can use it is one argument often made - but then you have to ensure that those that have magic are not going to rule over those that do not and supress the tech development - there is a lot to think about here)
To use your example - why is he using a shorter range AK47 when he can cast a fireball so easily further with greater accuracy?
Will the fireball misscast? Will it weaken him more than using the gun? Is he limited in the number of fireballs he can use in a set time period

Ummm. Good point, but that was just meant as an example of the genre. Most probably not going to happen. I'll think about the limitations for it though. Maybe they need focus items to use magic...

You're out of ideas and you need a hand or something? All right then...
How about this: (this is a plot idea I've been thinking about but I'll never turn to reality).
It's about a prophet, an old one, who sees a terrifying event coming. Unfortunately, he dies just a few days after that and leaves all his work in his "office" in one old house somewhere in a small town. His son finds all the stuff there but the most important link is missing - what's going to happen. So he is left with nothing. Will it be something global? Will something happen to his relatives? A few days after the old man's death someone calls him on the phone. An old woman, unfamiliar voice, she warns him about something but it's unclear. So the main character has to understand what's about to happen and eventually to prevent it. This + some other dramatic events in the family might actually work as a plot for something.
The idea is stupid and definitely not original but if you're good that's not going to stop you :) .

(Sorry if I offended somebody).

Status
Not open for further replies.