Arc of Truth

Bota99

Anyone else have it yet? If so what do you think of it? I thought it was fairly good myself.

I saw it the other day, and it wasn't too bad, despite feeling a bit like an extended episode rather than a film to me.

This really should have been the end of season 10 episode, not a standalone movie.
That said, it is a great romp. Can't wait to see the return of Jack in Continuum.

Saw it a couple of weeks ago - as you say, it just felt like a double-episode.

I agree with the comments about it being an extended episode rather than a film. However, it was enjoyable nonetheless and I wonder if a film proper might have detracted from it as it is supposed to follow the episodic series.

I quite enjoyed it. I believe they did a decent job converting what was planned on being the season 10 cliffhanger - beginning of season 11 episodes, into a movie. The bigger budget helped, allowed for some bigger moments, such as that really long walk by Teal'c.
Thought the Replicators took up way too much screen time - considering that this was the resolution of the Ori threat.
But I liked it.

I quite enjoyed it. Also I liked the fact that it felt like the TV programme and not like a film. Fitted the series to me.

I liked it, but it wasn't up there with the best of SG1. I figure the writer's hands were tied as they had to wrap up the whole Ori story, so it naturally felt like a continuation of the series rahter than a stand-alone movie. I'm looking forward to the next ones, but I can't help but think the money wouldn't have been better spent on a few three or four episode mini-arcs.

Having said all that, any Stargate is better than no Stargate, but that's not an attitude that makes for great storytelling.

Agree w/ the majority - it felt like an extended episode. Not that that's a bad thing. Sometimes, in the case of a TV show going 'movie', having the feel of an episode is better than trying for 'blockbuster'-level stories. The writers / etc did what they do best - they wrote Stargate SG-1 and didn't try to 'be' something they're not.

It did kind of feel like an extended episode to me too, but I was just glad for a conclusion to the Ori storyline. And it really was quite an entertaining and enjoyable film :D.

Although the arc had the feel of a far too convenient machine, I thought it would have been a better way to defeat the Ori themselves then just sending Merlin's weapon through the supergate. Would have been cool to see a bunch Angry Ori take physical forms to try to stop them and suddenly get much weaker as the ark was activated. As a movie just felt a little blunt but that's also a general problem I had with SG-1 sometimes. I enjoyed Continuum much more.