What's on your Desktop?

McMurphy said:
How many of you have some form of art as your desktop wallpaper?

Here is a link to what I have on mine. I opted for some comic book art.
Is it from Mike Deodato ?

Mine is and has been for years a bigger version of this
fantasy_world011.jpg

I guess I'm the boring one. Mine is gray. Flat gray.

I do a lot of arwork though, so I got used to having a flat neutral gray. Otherwise it visually conflicts with whatever I'm working on.

:eek:

Leto said:
Is it from Mike Deodato ?

Mine is and has been for years a bigger version of this
fantasy_world011.jpg

You have a good eye because, yes, it is by Mike Deodato. I haven't had this desktop for all that long considering how many months I stuck with the lame, default one by Dell.

When I was a kid collecting comics, I followed Peter David's run on the Hulk title so I browsed the net to see if there was any decently cool wallpapers present for the character. I couldn't find any great Dale Keown ones, but this one works.

Do you typically enjoy Deodato's artwork?

Oh yes, and I have to confess I'm a comics freak since 81. Although I'm not a great fan of the Hulk.
I've discovered Deodato with a great Wolverine cover.

Does photography count as art? If yes, I've got an artful desktop wallpaper of my boyfriend. Since he wouldn't appreciate my posting his pictures all over the net you'll have to go with your imagination:

It was taken in the Alps of Italy while we were on vacation last summer. The background is a lush green and he is absolutely adorable... :D

I have the Holy Grail from the posters advertising Monty Python's film of the same name. Mostly because I have always loved the work of Terry Gilliam but also because it's a fun thing to have on the desktop.

I have a picture I drew myself, a reconstruction of the ancient Greek city of Mycenae. Its based mainly on other artists versions of the city and my own creative flair. I would like to put it up for all to see but its terrible and a first draft, I'm redoing it with colour!!

I enjoy having some type of structural looking abstract picture on my desktop. But I don't use any fancy windows editors or anything to make all the icons/menus crazy. I've found a great site for wallpaper to be www.deviantart.com so check it out!

I usually have a pen and ink drawing of Heero Yuy from Gundam Wing.

Though I also have my handmade collage of Gackt photos

Piles of sh1te, half finished weapons, a coffee cup, random cd's, a camera, sword oil, some dice, 2 mobile phones, a bowl of strawberries, 1 visible of 3 5.1 surround speakers, more random crap, 10 History & Religion books, WoW CD, mp3 player, keys, more keys, keys for a car I no longer own....

Hmm

I may need to tidy :D

At work it's a dilbert comic strip... At home it's a generic windows background...

Re: The All Important Update

McMurphy said:
I know have a group pic of the anime characters in the series Cowboy Bebop.

if you have seen the film then you know vincent volaju, my mates say i look nearly identical to him.

tracking.gif

as for my desktop i have a pic off VTM-Bloodlines
vampire01.jpg

I have a virus that covers my desktop, it tells me in broken english that everything in my life will be ruined if I dont click on a link and download a program to get rid of spyware.