Jim Butcher signing at Borders in San Francisco - April 4th, 7pm

bookfan

Nice! That's pratically in my backyard (not quite, but almost).

I walk into my local Borders and there it was; a sign that read, "Jim Butcher signing and and reading of Small Favor." (Hmm, I wonder if that's the reason why Borders is having a Jim Butcher sale?) I've never met any author that I have read before, so this could be a nice experience if I could make it. So, are you going to skip work/school to attend? :)

What actually goes on with these things besides the "signing and reading"? Will there be a Q & A session? As for the signing, If I give him all 9 Dresden novels, is he going to sign all of them? Is it general protocol to only hand him a few books to sign?

I will not be there - as I live on the opposite coast, but I've met Jim before (like 3 times) and he's absolutely fantastic!

He would gladly sign all 9 - however, the decision on that may be up to the people in charge of the signing, Jim himself or the number of people waiting for books to be signed.

The last con I was at, he asked ppl to double back through the line if they had a lot of books they wanted signed - like, come through with one or two, then swing back around so everyone could get through. I had several and there weren't that many people, so I just waited and jumped in at the end of the line. *g*

I've never been to a 'straight up' book signing, so I'm not sure on that.

However, I'd say - feel free to pack 'em all and if you can only get one or two signed - go for the hardbacks, then see if you can hit up a convention to get him to work on the others. ;)