clay and broomie?

rebtom91

:confused: i got the feeling that at the end of zenith that clay and broomie survived, unless there was another clay spying on tuck when he was on his master bridge. but the thing is, tuck was watching clay too, but HOW COULD HE RECONGIZE HIM?!?!?!?

at the end of the book, it mentions that the "world was spinning for five thousands times or more" (or something similar) which i worked out is about 5000 days, and not including leap years, is about 13 and a half years. so how on earth (or urth, haha lame joke) would tuck have recongized clay? had he even ever seen clay? and why didnt broomielaw take little baby clayslaps straight back to the treenesters, did she even TRY to find them? and pollock and gorbals, whom she cared for so much?

or, on another hand, maybe she didnt go after them because she couldnt choose between them, but knew it would ruin her life and clays life if they were constantly arguing over her. and at least this way there would be less squabbling all round and pollock and gorbals would forgive each other, and maybe themselves, for past mistakes.

that is, IF they survived...

please if anyone else has any opinions on this, let me know because my theories are completely guesswork, taken off 1 and 3/4 pages of and extroidnary novel.

...did he recognise him? didnt he just look at him? i cant remember hmm..
i think tuck just looked.
OR
maybe tuck knows there names and knows that they are broomie and clay and thats how he knows!!!

but WHOAA 13 years!! i thought it was only like....3!!!!
:O

maybe broomielaw didnt go after them because she didnt know where they are.
how wud she know...?
Im thinking they didnt have a clue where the others went or maybe she thot they all died in the boat crash or sumthing.
either way.
i still cant get over 13 years!
13 years of fox and mara not talking. my god thats unbearably sad :(
how did tuck become so ... um...important im guessing?
is the thing he has the camera?
hmm...
so many unanswered questiooonnnss!!
i cant think of much other theories.
:p

I think that Tuck just happened to look Clay's way. But that totally took me ages to figure out that Clay was Clay!!!! As in Broomie's Clay!!! It made me so happy to realise that :)

I think Broomie wasn't able to find the rest of them, it's a wonder she even survived herself during that winter. I hope we get to find out her story in Aurora.

I also can't believe that it had been 13 years, that's crazy to think of, but I guess it makes sense. That's how Wing and Lilly could be hanging out.

Oh, and I think Tuck became so important because he became an amazing bridge builder like his father...extremely cool!!

well im pretty sure it was thirteen years, it wouldnt make sense if it was only three though, clay would be too young to row a boat (which was what he was doing) and i know that tuck could have just glanced at him, but why HIM out of all of the other people? why not the person next to him or behind him? it only raises more questions.... :confused::(

I think it's because he was the only one looking at Tuck. Remember he got in trouble because he didn't duck down before going under the bridge. I agree with you that it is impossible that Tuck could recognise Clay as they never even met! But I hope that the look is foreshadowing something!!! :)
I guess we shall wait until Aurora comes out...

I didn't want to crash in on your conversation and spoil the fun. The clues are there - and the answers you seek will be revealed! ;)

Broomie was my favorite character, aside from Pollock. Something about them just makes me ...!!!

Btw in wat chapter did tuck see clay? i might have skipped it, so thats why i dont remember :[ ??

It was in the very last chapter of Zenith. Technically, it doesn't say that it was specifically Tuck or Clay, but from the clues we can assume that it is. I hope!!!...

i think that clay must have looked like pollock, otherwise why would tuck look at him? also how would broomie know that the others had survived all the winters of them 13 years. i cant believe it was that many but it must have been at least 8 for lily to be allowed to run and climb that big rock (what's that about?:confused:) on her own:cool:.

Oooooh, nice observation, ducky!

I bet he does look like Pollock!!! Gosh, I can't wait until all these ponderings are resolved. :p

But until then we can only continue to ponder...

But it must be clay and broomie, because clay hopes that Tuck looking at him will bring a smile to his mum's weary face :D

i completely forgot that tuck got famousish at the very last pages... It went into the future because he was older :S

in my other post i didnt even BELIEVE that there was a 13 year leap and omg im STILL hoping that clay meets lily

My guess on this situation is the the wreckers did something else with Broomielaw and Clayslaps because she was a mother with a baby, and that's why they weren't found. They were taken away somewhere before the battle broke out and they could escape. Tuck probably knows who they are if he was specifically looking at Clayslaps but doesn't have the power to free them. And even if Broomielaw and Clayslaps escaped they would have no clue where the others were or if they even survived. If you remember, there were hundreds, if not thousands of caves in the bay, and it took the hunting skills of Pollock and Possil to find the way to the interior, and I don't think that Broomielaw even knew about the lake on the interior.