H.G Wells foresaw the world government and scientific control

Thinking about it, planned obsolescence and depreciation are not the same thing.

I did not say they were. But if planned obsolescence is occurring won't that increase the amount of depreciation? So if economists do not compute and report Demand Side Depreciation aren't we less likely to notice and think about Planned Obsolescence? It would amount to Planned Depreciation.

psik

Last edited:
The Light Bulb Conspiracy (Extended Version)

psik

If H.g. wells was around to write about whats going on he write some interesting things.

Perhaps all those poor economists are just keeping their heads down for fear of being interrogated about questionable activities...

Flight delayed after passenger becomes suspicious of equation - BBC News

ROFLMAO

If he had been an aeronautical engineer writing equations then she would have been totally justified.

If we have been flying the economy on a defective equation then we may have a problem. But it is only algebra. Do airlines file depreciation on their planes?

psik

Do airlines file depreciation on their planes?
They replace worn parts, but do they rewire the electrics, and upgrade systems? This is something I have wondered about before when told by the cabin crew that "this is a very safe plane, it has been flying for X years!" I feel much safer in a new car designed with front and side airbags, crumple zones and power steering than in an old classic car. One would assume that the same has to be true of aircraft engineering. However, I think we have digressed far from the original subject now.