If there was a movie?

I'd agree with most of the nominations above, though I'd prefer a somewhat older actress as Polgara, maybe in her 30ties. I don't believe Angelina Jolie would be that good a choice. And it depends on which part of the books you'd like to see filmed - in the first books of the belgariad Garion was still a boy, and so Orlando Bloom is erm.. a bit mature for the part:)

Definitly Emma Watson for Ce'Nedra, maybe Michael Gambon for Belgarath, I don't know about Mel Gibson for Zakath, but definitly get him a part!

Hey, I'm a new person here. I have to say that i agree Elyssandrel and her choice of characters, all except for Christopher Lee as Belgarath. I think that Belgarath acts way to carefree for Christopher Lee. Do you guys think that if they DID make a movie that it would live up to everyone's expectations?

Oh, and "Hi" Sendar Farm Boy. I'm new here as well, so we can be new here together! Isn't that great?... Sorry if I scare you. People say i do that alot.

I think any movie would be far too costly, considering all the potential characters involved. Not to mention trying to cram a 6 book epic into (at best) a trilogy.

Actually for Belgarath you could do a lot worse than have someone like Morgan Freeman :)

GAH! That's would be bad... I don't like to think about that sort of stuff... It hurt my brain to think of poor Belgarath being played by someone like Morgan Freeman. Not that I have anything against him, I just... you know what i mean... I hope

Winters_Sorrow said:
How about Michael Caine then? He'd make a pretty cool Belgarath - still good with the ladies too, so I hear :)
I heartily concur with Psychogirl on this suggestion, WS ;) :D

Not sure who I would suggest for Belgarath - nobody seems to really fit the bill. I agree that Angelina Jolie might be good as Polgara, and I quite like the idea of Johnny Depp as Silk. And I would love to see Alan Rickman in there somewhere too! :)

Lets See what we've got. Still struggling for someone to play Barak and Garion

Belgarath - Michael Caine

Polgara - Catherine Zeta Jones (no one else comes close)

Durnik - Viggio Morgensten

Silk - Paul Gibbiacho(or however his name is spelt) (from 'Sideways)

Barak -

Arheg - John Rys Davies

Mandorralin - Rufus Sewell

Leldorian - Orlando Bloom

Garion -

Ce Nedra - Sarah Michelle Gellar

Hettar - Antonio Banderas

Beldin - Danny Devito

I just cannot imagine Danny De Vito playing any of the characters I'm afraid. As soon as I see him I think of Taxi and the movie where he was the twin brother of Arnold Swartcheneger (?sp).:eek:

Not being able to watch many movies I am afraid I cannot suggest an alternative actor. :)

Ok. I gotta post before I forget my people that I'm thinking of. How about this...

Belgarath: Ian McKellan
Polgara: Angalina Jolie or Lucy Lawless
Garion (Young): Hmm... I'm kinda seeing Devon Murray (Seamus Finnigan)from Harry Potter, but he's porbably a little too old, now... Or Spencer Treat Clark... He might be too old now, too, but I dunno...
Garion (Old): I agree with the person that said Heath Ledger. I think he'd portray Garion rather well.
Ce'Nedra (Young): Bonnie Wright, maybe? (Ginny Weasley) Yes, she may not seem the type in HP, but I think she could pull it off.
Ce'Nedra (Old): Julianne Moore, maybe? Or Geraldine Somerville (Lily Potter).
Silk: Perfect idea having David Spade! God, he would be wonderful!
Barak: I'm kinda thinking Robbie Coltrane from HP (Hagrid). Barak needs to be big and bear like, and Robbie did wonderfully when playing Hagrid.
Durnik: Now that's a hard one... I could probably see Huge Jackman playing him, but I agree that maybe he's just a bit too young. I don't see Durnik too young, but not too old either...
Beldin: I can see John Rhys Davis playing him. He would be a good character.
Poledra: I can see Sigourney Weaver playing her. She's pretty good age, and she's a wonderful actress.
Salmissra: I'll agree with Salma Hayek. She's pretty good, and would probably pull it off rather well. Either that, or we can dress Alan Rickman in a dress. *lol*
Asharak: I could see Joaquin Phoenix playing him. He can be an ass when he needs to be, like in Gladiator. Either that, or, maybe, James Purefoy or Eric Mabius...
Mandorallen: Possibly Bruce Willis or Mel Gibson. Both could pull it off, and are more or less built to the character.
Hettar: I think I could see Orlando Bloom playing this one. He's dark shinned with black hair... Or Jonny Depp, maybe.
Lelldorin: Possibly one of the Phelps twins (Weasley twins). They're tall and skinny, and are very childish.

AZDMIN16 all your choices are great except for Garion I think it would be good to cast an unknown and i think the women who played Lily Potter would be better as Poledra, shes got that maternal feel and is really pretty. But I also think that Angelina Jolie would do very well as Salmissra, shes very mysterious and seems like someone who could seduce anyone and have a god fall in love with her. By the way, HOW COULD EVERYONE FOR GET ABOUT ERRAND?!?!?
This is who I have as him

Errand-The kid who played Sam Parretta in The Forgotten, he had a really innocent feel about him and yet at the same time there was always something very mysterious about him, I think he could pull it off.

by the way, the only way to get this movie to live up to peoples expectations is to get a good director, Peter Jackson anyone, maybe the guy who directed the second HP film, or the third it was really dark which would be good 'cause all this first book is really about is tearing Garions whole world down around his ears.

Psychogirl said:
Hey, I'm a new person here. I have to say that i agree Elyssandrel and her choice of characters, all except for Christopher Lee as Belgarath. I think that Belgarath acts way to carefree for Christopher Lee. Do you guys think that if they DID make a movie that it would live up to everyone's expectations?

my frieds and i have had this conversation so many times, this is what we came up mwith.
Belgarath-Sean Connery
Polgara-Demi Moore
Garion-Heath Ledger
Durnik-Harrison Ford or Kevin Kline
Silk-hands down has to be Steve Buscemi(dont think i spelt that right)
Hettar-Keanu Reeves
Zakath-Rupert Everet

Keanu Reeves? Well I suppose Hettar doesn't have many expressions. But Heath Ledger for Garion? Garion is young, not even in his 20s.