In person meetups

Local science fiction clubs are all over the place.
Yes, and I went to one yesterday evening, and was informed I had to watch Battlestar Galactica.

But they're not Chrons members, which changes their relative status considerably.

That's my thought too, Chrispy, although one can usually only tell a Chronsian by the fact that they're not at the meeting, of course (ie, they're here...)

Would have to say that the thought of "mandatory viewing" leaves me a little cool towards membership....

For those living on London there LOTNA (League of Non-Aligned Worlds). They meet every couple of weeks near London Bridge. (I think there might be a few from the old Pages mob there.)

I haven't been yet but i will.
I know this is yet another thread revival but can a long-timer enlighten please?
What society/ organisation was
"the old Pages mob"?

Pages was a great Star Trek theme bar near St. James Park tube station. Every Saturday a load of SF fans would dress up in costume and walk around London. They’d end up at Pages.

The owner, Bob, was a huge Next Generation fan and had the bar decked out with all sorts of memorabilia including a massive Enterprise D on the ceiling.

Pages was a great Star Trek theme bar near St. James Park tube station. Every Saturday a load of SF fans would dress up in costume and walk around London. They’d end up at Pages.

The owner, Bob, was a huge Next Generation fan and had the bar decked out with all sorts of memorabilia including a massive Enterprise D on the ceiling.
Ah, cheers for that :)

That sounds awesome

It was.

Really great people, all with the same interest. Being the nineties, you had people dress in all sorts of costumes. Star Trek (Original and Next Generation), Xena, Hercules, Babylon 5 and the X-Files. Quite a sight.

it would be neat if they did a sff chronicles convention ans members of the forum and science fiction fansty fans could attend.

it would be neat if they did a sff chronicles convention ans members of the forum and science fiction fansty fans could attend.
There were quite a few of us at WorldCon, and then TitanCon just after. Several of us were able to meet up, and it was great. There are also self-organised meets (either groups of people who live relatively close to each other, or members who are passing through another member's area), where the individuals involved arrange it themselves.

If you're ever going to one of the cons, put a call out on Chrons to see who else is going. There might be someone local-ish, even if you meet them for a coffee/tea outside the convention.

I've made some good friends here on the Chrons. Some I chat to outside of the forums.