Bionic Woman - ITV2

BookStop

If you see a stranger...
Jaime Sommers is back!

NBC Fall Preview

I so loved The Bionic Woman when I was growing up, I just hope they don't butcher the whole concept and turn too far from the original.

Does anyone remember that tv show that was on a very short while about a guy who's brain was transplanted into an engineered body. I think he couldn't contact his wife now that he worked for the government, but found ways to see her anyway.....Maybe had a teenage daughter....gosh I wish I could remember who was in it so I could imdb it. Any clue?

My point is that it was very bionic womanesque, but didn't make it into mainstream tv viewing. It will be interesting to see if this show fairs better with the nostalgia angle.

Re: Jaime Sommers is back!

Haven't seen the one you mention over here, crazy because we always get the rubbish you churn out (Trouble, ABC1, Sci-Fi) it's a fair reflection on the quality of the last that, despite being a sci-fi nut, I never watch it.

Bookstop
I remember this series, trying to think of its name. It was like the robocop thing, damm I can't think of its name.
As for bionic woman, I must admit I liked her more than bionic man, she seemed to have more fun.

The name will come back to me (ahhhhhhhhhhhh)

The series about the guy having his brain transplanted was called Now and Again.

John Goodman played Michael Wiseman before the op, then Eric Close played him afterwards. T

he main reason for me watching though was Dennis Haysbert - probably best known as David Palmer in 24. The chemistry between the 2 leads was wonderful.

As for the Bionic Woman - the original was cheesy but Lindsay Wagner looked great running in slow motion :)

Can't imagine Michelle Ryan as the new Jamie though - she's a brit who starred in the soap Eastenders over here, though she is a few years older now.

The series about the guy having his brain transplanted was called Now and Again.

John Goodman played Michael Wiseman before the op, then Eric Close played him afterwards. T

he main reason for me watching though was Dennis Haysbert - probably best known as David Palmer in 24. The chemistry between the 2 leads was wonderful.

Yes! I was so disappointed when it got cancelled. I wanted to see Wiseman and his wife get together. I wonder if it made dvd....

I thought the trailer looked pretty good.

It might turn out to be OK.

Well, I wasn't a fan of the original, I must admit. But having seen a few clips now of this one, looks like they may have some possibilities here. Also looks as if they're going to be addressing some contemporary issues (bioethics, the intelligence community and ethics, etc.) -- which could give it some pretty sound substance, or just date it terribly... looks more like the former than the latter, as they're playing it more generally and less specifically, making it perennial problems rather than something isolated.

At any rate, thanks for posting the link. It looks like it has some potential, something I'd not have expected....

Please excuse me, as I am a newbie, but I can't find anything about the Bionic Woman on this site. I did a search but no reference to the new series anywhere. Did no one watch it last night on ITV2. Please someone let me know what you think.

I wasn't that impressed myself. I really wanted to like it, but somehow it didn't quite work. I know it was a pilot and I'll keep watching. It certainly didn't grab me like Heroes or Lost did (although I still haven't finished watching Heroes series 1 yet). I don't think it was that well directed.

I'd be interested to hear anyone else's thoughts.

Last edited:
Re: Bionic Woman Anyone

It was okay, nothing special. I felt they tried to cram too much into one episode.

Agree not in the same class as Heroes, but so far, better than many. Giving a good feel on the angst of it all.
Way better than whatever her face was in the stars and stripes leotard (enjoyed that when I was ooh, about 12.)

Was interested to see several actors from Battlestar Galactica pop up, (Starbuck, maintenance chief) background music had some of the same feel as Galactica - notes that David Eick was involved in both.

I watched the first couple of episodes but lost interest in it. My partener however loves it.

My wife, who liked the pilot by the way, says that according to Deathray the show has been axed. Apparently it is a casualty of the writers' strike and production has not resumed. I don't know how have been made.

Just watched the pilot episode of this
(Not sure if its been shown in the UK before)

I think its great.
Not a boring moment in the show & lots of unanswered questions to keep you watching.

Anyone else seen it (in the Uk or otherwise) ?
and did you like it ?

Well I quite liked it but according to one of the tv reviewers (who hated it) it's been axed

yes there will alas only be one series of the all new Bionic Woman it has indeed been cancelled after one series in the US.

I saw the first episode and thought it was..........ok, it had potential. I like Michelle Ryan (by like I mean in a professional way as well as.....ahem.....yeah THAT way !

Its quite a bit darker than the original series, and im hopefull that it will turn out to be quite good

I actually had high hopes for this show.....
I usually suspend my disbelief so i can enjoy these shows, but i would have to suspend it from the moon to swallow the horrible plot and story lines that would be more believable coming from a compulsive liar. I couldn't watch past the 4th show, being able to disconnect and reconnect a video from thinking and ending up with a nose bleed tells me i should either be a vegetable or high.
I am annoyed because the acting is credible (given the drivel they have to act out) and i have fond memories of the first show, i expected something much much more.
Major disappointment.