iansales

Can't see where anyone else has give this, so:

• The Red Men, Matthew de Abaitua, Snow Books
  • The H-Bomb Girl, Stephen Baxter, Faber & Faber
  • The Carhullan Army, Sarah Hall, Faber & Faber
  • The Raw Shark Texts, Steven Hall, Canongate
  • The Execution Channel, Ken MacLeod, Orbit
  • Black Man (Thirteen), Richard Morgan, Gollancz

Really!!! That's weird because you replied to the thread it was posted in.

Oh well. I smacked my head this morning. Must be a delayed reaction...

:)

I have only read The City & the City of those books so its easy who you hope wins.

Still he is nominated for several awards with that. It was very good but not so amazing that it should win triple awards, let it be fair and let one of the others win :)

Like Conn, I've only read The City & The City out of the books on the list. I also agree that it's very good (and thought-provoking).

Without seeing the others, though, I can't comment on how many prizes, if any, it deserves to win.

If you haven't read it yet, give it a go.

Far North sounds very different reading the synopsis.

Nice to see 3,4 of the books nominated being not so straight SF, the kinds are so popular because they are hard sf or space opera or military sf.

Last edited:
If you don't mind me saying, Conn, I think you've blown it with the spelling of that title. ;):)

(I must try and get hold of some of the titles on that list.)

If you don't mind me saying, Conn, I think you've blown it with the spelling of that title. ;):)

(I must try and get hold of some of the titles on that list.)

I fixed that :p

I will buy Retribution Falls by Chris Wooding because i just read Werthed review about it. A Firefly type SF story that is so rated is a must try.

The other books are in the library unlike Wooding's book.

I will buy Retribution Falls by Chris Wooding because i just read Werthed review about it. A Firefly type SF story that is so rated is a must try.

Ugh - I hated that, Its one of the only books I haven't been able to finish in the last year or two.