Wrath of a Mad God- Spoilers May Be Included

Sinak-Rune

Lord of the Valheru
I can't wait for a new thread to start.
Why Nakor? Why did he have to die? OH the horror, the shame.
Anyway, I found the begining really slow and boring. The middle was really quick, and the ending came like that. I think Raymond may be losing his touch.

I thought it was a brilliant book, start to finish! Shame about Nakor but what really surprised me was the Ban'ath bit. I didn't think he would be behind...everything!

Just finished reading it thought it was great. Might be just me but have this weird feeling Nakor isn't dead. Don't know exactly why.
Banath being behind everything was a massive surprise, but what i'm thinking now is where will Feist go with next series? More about Tsurani and the new world? Fighting against the Nameless one? Thats whats got me stumped. Dosn't seem to have left much to follow on to

There actually is a lead going on. If you go onto the gazetteer website then you'll find some maps. It shows you the 'disaster' of the FIFTH riftwar and what it has done to the geography of Midkemia. It looks awesome

I wonder too whether we have seen the last of Nakor.
I remember when Macros died (fighting Maarg in the Fifth circle) and then a generation of two later we find him reincarnated into a Dasati body in the second circle.
Now Nakar has died, and now I wonder where will will encounter him reincarnated.

I can't wait for a new thread to start.
Why Nakor? Why did he have to die? OH the horror, the shame.
Anyway, I found the begining really slow and boring. The middle was really quick, and the ending came like that. I think Raymond may be losing his touch.

I accidentally hovered over the link to this thread and saw the Nakor dies bit and I was really pissed at myself for reading it but in the end it turns out it was known well before he would die so it wasn't that bad (I thought Bek would kill him).

As for the book I thought it was really good though I to find it the finality of the conclave stories and onto the fifth riftwar.

Does anyone have a link to those maps? Never mind I seen it.

I noticed two editing issues in the book.

One was in the Dasati realm where they said Valko was with the group but then said he was waiting for them elsewhere.

The second which was a big mistake was saying Erik never married when that isn't true.

Did you also find that Tomas was riding a dragon called Ryath and this Ryath was a male. But he called it 'old friend' when we all know that Ryath died in Sethanon and was in fact a female. I think this is a poor remark by Feist in a very good book!

I thought that but then I thought it must have been a different dragon.

Because wasn't Ryath the one who slept with Talwin when she changed into human form?

To be honest, I don't know...although I'm certain if any dragon did, then she wouldn't have been called Ryath. Let me have a little look because there was another dragon, but I have forgotten her name.

Ah, the female dragon was called Ryana, if this spelling is correct. She must have been the dragon that gave Tomas a lift and maybe, if you are correct, slept with Talwin

Did you also notice that Kaspar (when up on the peaks of Quor) said he'd only ever met an elf when one came to Sorcerors Isle - wasn't it Kaspar who went with Pug to Elvander with the Talnoy to speak to the elves when they were attacked by the death dancers?

Apart from the mistakes it was a good book. Isn't the next series called the Gods War?

Just finished reading it thought it was great. Might be just me but have this weird feeling Nakor isn't dead. Don't know exactly why.

Nope, but you've given me hope. Dayum, Nakor was the reason I read Feist:(.

Bilge sake.

Kaspar did indeed journey to Elvandar with Pug and comanded the Talnoy in t'battle there. I guess he didn't speak to the Elves much though so - benefit of the doubt - perhaps thats what he meant...:)

99.9% sure Nakor is dead. He may come back as a Macros type but since he was essentially Ban-ath, I think he will stay dead.

Also remember Pug is destined to watch all those around him die.

I got excited when Calis was mentioned but alas all for naught. Bloody Feist BRING HIM BACK!!!

Great book, though I was a bit sad when Kelewan was destroyed. :(

No more Cho'ja.. :mad:

I Thought Leso should have died diferently
never would have guessed that he was the godkiler

plus i was hoping Talon , Tad and Zane should have been in it more.

Talwin wasn't it all was he, I think? Another missed opportunity by Feist