just finished Burning stone bk 3 Crown of Stars

kauldron26

finished Burning Stone bk 3 in a Crown of Stars at work today... i was holding my breath during the last 50+ pages. 3 years have passed since we first met Alain and Liath when they were sixteen. She has had a baby with the aoi-human prince Sanglant and Alain got married to a heretic princess who wont let him touch her... so much goes on in this world.... u think the humans are complex? wait till u meet the daimones, the aoi, the angel, the quman, the griffins and many many more.... i havent been this impressed with fictional history since Memory Sorrow and Thorn. The detail of the religion, conviction and history in this world shames the almighty GRRM. im not sayin that A Crown of Stars is better, im saying that it is Just as good and MORE. The Burning Stone deconstructs our heroes Sanglant and Alain to the point where we have to wonder why we loved them in the first place. There are 1000 things going on at the same time, and twists and secrets are being revealed while more are being raised and built. I think this is the first series since Harry Potter that has me dying to know the secrets and motivations of characters. i cant and wont go into more detail without spoiling. Is Liath part angel or part daimone? wtf is Alain? is the heresy the true faith? i have a hundred more questions...

I just finished it too and am about 50 pages into Child of Flame. True, sometimes it's tough going, you really have to be aware when you are reading. Not like some books where you can read without really reading if you know what I mean. I just wish some enterprising fan out there would put together a site that lists all the characters, places and conflicts. I'm really surprised there isn't one, not even in the back of the books.

I'll keep going though. I'm determined to finish the series.

i also just started child of flame as well... and damn... this series if f**kin incredible. its official women rule the modern high fantasy genre.

Back