Exodus into a movie?

I'll have to look into Film4; I don't know the British film companies. But if they are very good then we should definitely consider them!
Here is the current list of our 'brainstorm' of possible companies:
Film4
New Line
Fox
Walden Media

Any more suggestions? :)

He could indeed be quite a Fox!! ;) I like that idea, especially if we decide to write to Walden Media Because he will have worked with them before! Connections!!! :)

I agree though, Daniel Radcliffe (however wonderful he may be) is always going to be Harry Potter in many peoples eyes, he is too famous!

Anyone a fan of BBC film adaptations? I don't know why but I was just thinking it. If you think of all the dramas adaptations they've done in the past, they're pretty much all good. It wouldn't be a blockbuster film, probably a two part one off thing on a bank holiday, but it'd be good.
It makes it sound like I'm aiming really low but not really, they did Phillip Pullman's The Ruby in the Smoke, the legendary version of Pride and Prejudice, and lets not forget that this is the company who bring us Dr. Who, imagine that team bringing New Mungo to life.

It would be great to see Exodus made into a movie, though all this was said in 2009 so I'm asking if there has been any luck with getting a movie made?

I don't think so. I don't know if anyone was serious enough about this this get in contact with anyone.

Would still be an amazing film though.

I say we contact the BBC. Letter? Email? Petition?

Whoever we contact, we need to make our message stand out. Handwritten by someone perhaps? I'm always more inclined to reply to handwritten messages :)

Just as a fun tangent, because environmental issue are so much more popular these days and there are lots of songs about it. What songs would you put on the Exodus soundtrack?

Hi, this is my first post here because I made this account in order to talk about this book series potentially being made into a film series.

I'm a student film and TV writer/maker and I'm passionate about British literature and film. I understand the many reasons for thinking of going over to the States is this brilliant series is to be made for film however, I really oppose it.

I think as a Scot myself; it would be a shame to pass it onto the US to be made when we have such a brilliant filmmaking industry here in the UK. Films in the US and UK are so different and the rawness of the books I think could be lost if it were made in the UK because we have different cultures and way of thinking. And if bringing the books over to the US is a big success it shows that you're way of thinking as the Author suits that audience.

I think it should remain in the UK is what I'm trying to say. Casting is different, very different. I think maybe controversially Haley Joel Osment would have made a brilliant Harry Potter but I think a British team behind it to make the films would be the way forward. Just imagine the good it could do to the economy if such fantastic books were to be made by Britain. Right now the EU have given Britain regulations and limitations on what we can waste per year. As things are right now in a few years when those limitations are in place Britain will be fined millions if not billions of pounds. Since these talks have been made recently, we in the UK have managed to cut our overall waste by a third overall. That's brilliant. Just imagine the good a film based on these books could do? It would educate and inform a wider audiance, it could only prove to be a force for good I highly believe.

I absolutely mean no offence to the US or any other country, I just believe that when a British writer makes such poignant and relevant statements in literature it should be made in the UK.

Heh, I'm in no means offering my services to make this film either. Although I wish I where, Julie's books are an inspiration to me to lead a better, cleaner and less wasteful life in terms of carbon emissions and the rawness which I mentioned earlier is something I also wish to obtain in my own writing.

Well that's all from me right now.

Except... Anything Linkin Park I'm all for!!!

Lonski. :)

if it was made into a movie i would cry I'v just finished zenith and it was great love the idea.
:)

If the exodus trilogy was made into a movie I'd be like twilighters on Jacob/Edward. : ) Cosplay and all! Midnight showing, making every one read the books right before the movie and then waiting in line for three hours : ). I bought your novels online (they're actually old library editions) read them and insta-loved them. I'm still waiting to get aurora : ) I need to complete my collection!

I know I am 2 years late in this discussion but has anyone actually done anything yet? I would love to see these books as movies and I think it is a great idea to make them in the UK.

I think that it's a very very great and a tremendous idea. Having this movie and influence young people and more of how the world mat become. Having a movie by choosing who will be who will be a great way, all we need is how we will be able to et this woderful idea all the way to Hollywood. :)

I have found out a way to make this book become a movie. I know that this convo. had ended and everyone have forgotten about the idea but i want to really see this book on the bibg screens no matter what. So I have done som research on how we can make a book become a movie and this is what I have found. I have found out about the fee and how much it has costed.
Fee
$245 up to 400 pages. Anything over, add $2 each additional page. Manuscript must be properly formatted (double spaced and one inch margins around). 2-4 week turnaround. Overseas submissions are welcome.
Also I have found out about how they should be made and how they would except it.
How would you answer these questions?
  • Does your story have a relatable hero?
  • Does your hero have a strong goal?
  • Does your story have something new and fresh to say?
  • Can you see a particular movie star playing the lead role?
If you answered yes, there's a chance that your material could be a movie.
What we offer:
  • A reading of your material by an experienced industry professional
  • An analysis of your material's strengths and weaknesses and why it is a movie or not. This analysis is known in the industry as "coverage." It covers character, storyline, dialogue and premise.
  • A synopsis of your material.
  • A box score rating of various elements of your story.
  • Agent, producer and company referrals for qualified material.
  • An overall rating of pass, consider or recommend.
  • E-mailed coverage report within 2-4 weeks of receipt of material.
Please try to get in hold of Julie Bertagna this would be a help to me and Julie and other fans insted of not trying and insted of just posting blogs at least try to do some research and at least make it happen.
Sincerely,
WizGirl16