Salvatore Fans/Reader's Of Dark Elf Tales: Come One Come All

Sire Of Dragons

Science fiction fantasy
Love an attractive girl in glasses or who looks go
Dwellers Of Menzoberranzan And The Surrounding World

This is a place where those who are obsessed or even minor fans of with Drizzt Do'Urden and his black panther Guenhwyvar. If you live, feel, eat, or dream of being like a Dark Elf Bring your comments, your concerns, your images, ideas and favorite character topics here.

Or if you have ever read any books in R.A Salvatore's collections or other Author's of the Dark Elf stories and have something to say, ask or wanna talk about. Here is the place to do so.

Take care where ye tread tho. Ye ne'er know what or even who lies around the next bend in the caves ...

Of The Forgotten Realms

YouTube - Drizzt Do'Urden

Last edited:
I wouldn't say I'm obsessed, but the Icewind Dale Trilogy was my first exposure to fantasy novels, so it does hold a special place in my heart :)

It would have been around grade 7, so about 6 or 7 years ago I believe. I still occasionally re-read some of his books.

Whats strange is that I read a Dark Elf story by Elaine Cunningham first and that captured my interest in Salvatore's novels. I always wanted to read Dark Elf Trilogy, but never did.

Now there is this long line of books in the continuing story of Drizzt. I have a lot of catching up to do.

Whats strange is that I read a Dark Elf story by Elaine Cunningham first and that captured my interest in Salvatore's novels. I always wanted to read Dark Elf Trilogy, but never did.

Now there is this long line of books in the continuing story of Drizzt. I have a lot of catching up to do.
It's a great series! Salvatore weaves a marvelous tale about Drizzt. He also gave his characters some great traits and his 'world' was so different to other fantasy books I read at that time. A series I would like to re-read. :) I hope you enjoy your 'catching up' :)

I really do love a good Drizzt tale, and believe that R A Salvatore and Elaine Cunningham are two of the better authors who write in the Forgotten Realms. The Legend series really fleshed out the drow of Menzoberranzan for me (at least in the pre-War of the Spider Queen era, not that much has actually changed).

I have read all the Drizzt books except for the latest (the Orc King).
Not sure how I am going to enjoy the "post-spellplague" realms.

Guenhwyvar is the greatest panther of all!

I like the character of Drizzt for reasons other than the straight badass-ness that he seems to ooze from all the poors on is ebon skinned body. I like the character because of what he is, he is a Drow elf...a member of an evil race trying to do good in the world. But almost everywhere he goes he runs into opposition based on his appearance. The kind of character he is just fascinates me.

the newest book "the pirate king"....lame...I love drizzt and all the stories I've read telling of his exploits with his companions are awesome. But "the pirate king"...that book was weak-salsa.

Just finished reading the collectors volume no 3. Awaiting the 4th one that will probably take nearly a year to be published :( Love these books as i spent years playing dungeons & dragons in the forgotten realms, still DM for a party of friends to this day, the game style has had to change but the core concepts remain the same !

Huh?..I've already got collector editions for IceWind, Dark Elf, Legacy Of The Drow, Paths Of Darkness, Hunters Blade Trilogy, so perhaps you are referring to the more recent series??

Well I haven't read it so I'll take your word for that. Anyway, I really enjoyed the series I've mentioned there and having them in omnibus editions is pretty cool.

Cheerio...:)

have you looked at (or are you talking about) the graphic novels? because I've been picking those up and I enjoy them greatly.
No the books but I have seen those graphic novels in the shops before. Maybe I'll check them out then.

Must go, nice chatting with you.

They've released an omnibus edition called The legend of Drizzt collectors edition, Vol 1 had the first 3 novels in, Vol2 had 4-6 and the volume recently released had books 7-10 in so the last one i've read is Passage to dawn. Expecting one more in the cool covered collectors format. Bruenor is ace ! lol might check out the graphic novels, any 1 able to suggest a good supplier of these?

They've released an omnibus edition called The legend of Drizzt collectors edition, Vol 1 had the first 3 novels in, Vol2 had 4-6 and the volume recently released had books 7-10 in so the last one i've read is Passage to dawn. Expecting one more in the cool covered collectors format. Bruenor is ace !
They're the ones I have and posted on the previous page of this thread. I've got all the collector editions for Legend Of Drizzt and the next 1 after that. The ones you are missing are Paths Of Darkness ending with Sea Of Swords that ends the Legend Of Drizzt collector series AND Hunter's Blade Trilogy ending with The Two Swords.

All of mine were bought off the shelf. I'm luck in being close to probably one of the premiere SFF bookshops in the world that I know of in Minotaurs in Melbourne, Australia.

Cheers...

Cheers Gollum, i don't suppose you know if they're on release in the uk yet do you? because i was pretty sure that Vol 3 had only just come out on amazon uk. I'd happily order them from down under if it got them to me sooner ! lol :) Can't sate my drizzt addiction quick enough !