The 'Baddest' Baddies

The Replicators became less scary when they started to take on human-like forms. Before that, they were more like a force of (artificial) nature.

can i have MR BURNS from the simpsons, in one episode he not only blocked out the sun, but he also tried to STEAL candy from a baby!! EVIL, PURE EVIL ;)
Oh yes...how about his "See My Vest" song.....

Some men hunt for sport,
Others hunt for food,
The only thing I'm hunting for,
Is an outfit that looks good...

See my vest, see my vest,
Made from real gorilla chest,
Feel this sweater, there's no better,
Than authentic Irish setter.

See this hat, 'twas my cat,
My evening wear - vampire bat,
These white slippers are albino
African endangered rhino.

Grizzly bear underwear,
Turtles' necks, I've got my share,
Beret of poodle, on my noodle
It shall rest,

Try my red robin suit,
It comes one breast or two,
See my vest, see my vest,
See my vest.

Like my loafers? Former gophers -
It was that or skin my chauffeurs,
But a greyhound fur tuxedo
Would be best.

Sheer evil class.:D

I've always had a morbid fear of lego. They can become so many things. Too many things, things with teeth and too many arms.

The Replicators - I found them to be a bit like the Borg, but on a very basic scale: good as an enemy, and certainly frightening in concept, but I'm not sure how much was driven by necessity for them. And with the Wraith it was the whole feeding off humans thing that put me off them.

I remember Species 8472, but I was thinking about another Voyager race in terms of evil: the Hirogen (or was it? Can't remember the name). Weren't they famous for their cruel hunts and suchlike?

And nj1 - Brilliant!:D:D:D I'd forgotten about that song, Py!:D

Are you talking about the ones that voyager gave holodeck technology to? The ones who turned off the safety protocols and killed the holos over and over in pain? Your're right, they are worse than the borg....

Although I think the Hirogen should have been scary - the idea certainly was quite good - they somehow just didn't appear scary enough. Don't know why that was though. Even though you know (mostly) that the main characters will win the day, somehow in Voyager you knew the crew would always win - they never seemed really in danger. Possibly because they 'came back from the dead' so many times through altered time-lines etc. I never felt that anyone of them was at risk of dying so the baddies never seemed that evil to me. This really isn't to say that I didn't like Voyager because I don't mind it at all - it's just the way the series felt to me.

Hmmm...I think the really "bad" villains are folks like Senator Kinsey from Stargate....his type of evil is really hard to fight. The heroes can usually find a way to defeat, overcome, take out, decimate, overthrow (you get the picture) the obvious baddies that have been mentioned here. Maybe what makes Kinsey's type so threatening is there are actually folks like him at work in the world today.

The Replicators became less scary when they started to take on human-like forms. Before that, they were more like a force of (artificial) nature.

Yeah the ones in SG1 was more powerful than the ones created by ancients in SGA.

The ones in SG1 was almost unstoppable plus they had the bug look that is easy to give you the creeps. There is nothing nice by ever multiplying bugs that cant be stopped.

i was trying to think of the name of the baddies, after the goauld, in sg1.the ones within the arthur, merlin context

i was trying to think of the name of the baddies, after the goauld, in sg1.the ones within the arthur, merlin context

I'm really surprised that anyone mentioned the Ori. To me, although virtually omnipotent they seem completely lacking any real fear factor. Not really sure why that is.:confused:

I must admit, when the Ori were introduced, I was a bit underwhelmed too. The potential for title of baddest baddie was there (wiping out races/planets at a time, just because they didn't believe in them) but I agree with Essie - I didn't think there was any real fear factor for me as a viewer. Mind you, at that point I was getting a little fatigued with the series, so that might explain it.:eek::)

I'm thinking of one guy: NuBSG's Gaius Balthar.

Gave away security secrets for the sake of tail. Cowered behind his girlfriend's skirts as humanity was nuked. Pretends to be working for the sake of humanity's preservation, and for the Cylons' mission of genocide in secret, when really all he's doing is working for his selfish self. And finally, he knows all this, and he truly loathes himself for it, but he's too chickens**t to just shoot himself.

Now, that's evil.

What about the baddies in Andromeda?I can't remember their name... I think they laid eggs inside their victims that hatched and ate their way out! or maybe it was just a bad dream of mine.Does anybody remember their name?

What about the baddies in Andromeda?I can't remember their name... I think they laid eggs inside their victims that hatched and ate their way out! or maybe it was just a bad dream of mine.Does anybody remember their name?

No, you didn't dream it... that was the Magog. One of their number was aboard their ship, Rev Bem (bat ears, bad skin). That was bad, but it was more of a survival instinct... not intentionally bad.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Jo Zebedee Writing Discussion 59
D Book Discussion 18