Is there gonna be a Magneto movie?

Yog-Sothoth - you did say that, quite right, but putting aside what makes him Wolverine, the mask is just cool, one of the best masks in comics, there is something about it that makes it look good when it's on fresh and even better when it's battle damaged and Wolvie is ready for action.

its unlikely we'll see a Wolvie mask in the next film. That mask only came about from his Alpha Flight days... and those haven't happened yet... at least in a canon continuity. wolvie origins had him in the special ops squad he was part of... but thats also pre-Alpha Flight and therefore pre-costume. He also wasn't "Wolverine" until then either. But that was amended for the film continuity.

I suppose it would make a good end to the movie if he put the mask on for the first time.

Do we know yet when the film is going to be set - could it be during the time line of the X-en films, perhaps going on the same time (ish) as X-Men First Class.

Long story short, it can't unless Magneto and Prof X don't age like normal humans. Magneto live through WW2 as a child which would make him at least in his 20s for First Class. He would be in his 60s at the youngest today, and the movies are supposed to take place in the future, so they've shifted the whole thing a little. They also threw Havok in which makes no sense at all unless they want to spin a time traveling story into the movie.

And if the X-Men themselves are all young adults as they appear in the trailers, then that would but them into their late 60's by the first three movies...

I would love a movie on the Origins of Magneto. Back in WWII when he was actually saved by Wolverine... it would be awesome.

But sadly, I can't find any info about any movie in the making or plans to do so..