Re-reading the Farseer trilogy...

Elsid

After finishing the Tawny man books I went onto the Soldier son trilogy. Unfortunatly they havent released the last book in paperback (dammit). I have read many books since finishing the Hobbs, but have recently started reading the Farseer ones again.

It really is worth reading them again, because you either miss or forget so many things (like the woman, supposidly his mother, calling out Keppet). Also, you find you have forgotten things you thought insignificant.

I recommend re-reading the books. Thats all I really wanted to say...

I came to the Farseer trilogy after Soldier Son because I didn't particularly enjoy the Soldier Son series and everybody kept saying that I'd enjoy Farseer more. Now don't get me wrong, Robin Hobb writes well it's just that I hated the whole whiny nature of the Soldier Son books. So I thought Farseer would be better.

I must say that I couldn't get through the books on the first reading because it seemed to be telegraphing so many things very far in advance and Fitz, who is supposed to be really intelligent and well-versed in intrigue, can't see any of it coming at all! The screaming and yelling ("You blind fool, why can't you see that coming?" or "Idiot, shouldn't you know this would happen?" or ...) got so bad that I decided to give the books a rest and read something else. I'm reading Jim Butcher's Dresden Files right now and I'm finally calming down :D

I enjoyed the Farseer book, principally because of the writing. However, I did want to shake Fitz out of his seeming passivity. He was too much of a punchbag for me.

i like the farseer triliogy, tho not as much the second time around, i guess cos im older now and have other things to compare it too. molly annoys me a damn sight less tho, that's something :)
won't reread the liveships or tawny man tho. hated the former and hated the end of the latter and i don't want to start a series that i won't read to the end because i hate that end, i rather not bother (just hate leaving books hanging. makes me think the characters are stuck midadventure)