Jeremy Beadle dies aged 59

Is that not a wee bit harsh, Ace?
A hundred million pounds raised for charities deserves some respect, surely.

I didn't like his hidden camera work - he was lucky no one took greater offence to it than they did - but dying after a long illness at only 59 is awful, whoever you are.

And as Pyan mentioned, he raised a lot of money, money that is helping other people to get through their lives.

I think it's sad when anybody dies, regardless of how they lived their life. Plus, he had cancer, and no one deserves that (even if it wasn't ultimately responsible for his death).

May he rest in peace.

Agreed, Leisha.

Personally speaking, I didn't like his Beadle's About type shows, but there's no denying that a lot of people were entertained by them. I admire anyone who can raise that much money for charity whilst struggling with their own health issues, too.

The hidden camera stuff was what made his reputation, and it turned him into a vicious bully in the quest for ratings. 'Beadle's About,' was taken off the air because some things sicken even jackals.

I'd ask how much of the charity was from his own pocket and how much from his ugly mug promoting them. Maybe he had a conscience after all.