2.03: To the Last Man

Mary - I'm afraid that I did miss Ianto and Jack coupling last season - was that after they discussed 1001 things to do with a stopwatch then? If so, it wasn't shown on screen.

I can't give you episode and date, Dave but I'm pretty sure it was BEFORE the stopwatch comment because it was kind of obvious where they were going with that.

I think the trouble is that the donnee of the series is that EVERYONE, human, alien, animal or robot has to fancy the pants off Jack and there are so many hormones swooshing around that everyone else gets horny too and starts practically humping the furniture!

I don't have too much of a problem with the premise, just the kind of monotony of what it leads to.

Mary

Despite being predictable, except the randomly inserted Ianto/Jack snog, this was a pretty good episode. Jack opening up a bit more about his past - talking about seeing the carnage at the battle of the Somme and so on - was good to see. I think that points to him trusting the team more to discuss his past later in the series when John comes back.
I thought that the Time Key thing was a bit of an anti-climax though, a quick puff of Rift Energy and that's it! Also, the Key looked very Victorian, all clunky and brass, although it wouldn't have looked out of place on the TARDIS console. Strange that Torchwood 1918 didn't know about it.
Mind you, they seemed to be setting precedent by announcing that they were Torchwood, so Jack and his lot aren't just being brash about it and advertising for the first time.

I just couldn't get into the last series of Torchwood at all. This series, though, I can, and I am actually enjoying it. Noticed the bag bit myself. I, too, would like to see more of Torchwood 1918.

To bring this back to life (boo-yah!), what with the developments from 2.12: Fragments - surely Jack would have known something more about this than he did?