Where should Star Trek go next?

OK, how do I keep Paramount from stealing this idea? LOL

A new series set in the Mirror universe of DS9.

Rebels try to steal three Federation ships visiting DS9 for some reason. They know the ships are coming months in advance. They have a device that will move entire ships across maybe involving the wormhole. They get two ships across but something goes wrong on the third possibly in the fight with the Federation crew. The ship explodes during the crossing creating an "energy barrier" between the universes that will not dissipate for 200 years or whatever. Good old energy barriers. But two Federation ships are stuck in the Mirror universe of DS9 and cannot go home.

So they decide to found another Federation. Hey it's something to do. So we get to explore a new but somewhat familiar universe. What are the Andorians doing in the Mirrorverse? Who knows?

Maybe the ships were there for a conference with the Dominion and a couple of shape shifters get dragged along. What is happening on the other side of the wormhole in the Mirror universe?

So two ships instead of one. Which captain is in charge?

psik

A Next Generation animated movie would be nice, as long as they don't let prick executives tell them to make it more "kiddy."

If it's animated, then the actors can simply provide voice-overs. This brings Brent Spiner back, as it circumvents the issue of his aging.

Has anyone seen the fan-produced Star Trek Continues? It's a webseries and the first couple of episodes are available on YouTube and Vimeo. The series follows directly on from the original series with the original cast of characters. None of the actors are name actors but they're not too bad. The first episode is called Pilgrim of Eternity and the second, Lolani.

Enterprise was not anywhere near as bad as people make out. Most of the cases where people think that it broke canon, it actually didn't. And as I have said many a time, simply knowing that something happened is no where near as interesting as knowing how and why it happened. Okay, we know the Federation got created, but how and why did it get created. These are pretty important questions since they shape everything that comes after it in a pretty fundamental way. Answering those questions explains how and why the Federation and Starfleet does what it does; and that in turn explains the motivations and actions of the characters we know and love.

I kinda agree with those who say leave it for a while. there was nearly ten years in the 70's where Trek was not being produced (aside from TAS) so it's not an unpredicented thing.

I hated the new movie, it has so many plot hole and bad science and problems with it you could drive a Borg cube through them. I never bothered to see Into Darkness.

I like some of the other people here came up with some ideas for some shows I would like to see happen. I'd like to do them as fanseries, I just need the money, and the ability to not have to go to work everyday so i can invest the time in it. I currently have seven different ideas. Some are full series, some are more like miniseries, others might be done like a normal series, but with less episodes per season sort of thing.

But anyway. Trek is an inspiration, and in that capacity; for me at least, it will never die.

The next series should follow the new timeline established by the the 2009 J J Abrahams Star Trek film and 2013 sequel Star Trek Into Darkness.

I was running once, and I thought of this: Starfleet is modeled, more or less, like the Navy. They have the same ranking structure, and battles are mostly ship to ship (obviously there are exceptions when one party boards another ship). Anyway, I thought of some scenario where Starfleet is met by a force that they are completely unprepared for, so they revive an old earth training program and begin recruitment. A long ago force that was attached to the Navy, were rapidly deployable, and an elite fighting group. In old (barbaric) Earth, they were called Marines.

So, in short, it would be a show about red shirts, but instead of dying all the time, they'd be bad-asses.

I dunno. Maybe I should run some more, and think of other stuff.

Since I am one of those that has not really enjoyed any of the AbramsTrek, I do not have much of an opinion on where it goes. I think as long as he sticks with what he is good at and keeps it adventurous they will continue to be successful regardless of a particular direction.

Chris that I feel is sort of the direction that they went with Deepspace 9 - they had the Defiant as well as a few other training programs running to try and increase their capacity for warfare. However I think it would take a huge enemy for Starfleet to really change from a peacekeeping force to one with an active military component. That force would have to be something big and long term and likely change the whole quadrant into a warzone - so we are talking bigger than the Changling and Cardassian threat - likely in line with the full might of the Borg (rather than a lone Cube).

Thing is Star Trek was never a war-series. It was always about exploration and discovery. So I think to change its core focus so fundamentally would be risky.

Chris that I feel is sort of the direction that they went with Deepspace 9 - they had the Defiant as well as a few other training programs running to try and increase their capacity for warfare. However I think it would take a huge enemy for Starfleet to really change from a peacekeeping force to one with an active military component. That force would have to be something big and long term and likely change the whole quadrant into a warzone - so we are talking bigger than the Changling and Cardassian threat - likely in line with the full might of the Borg (rather than a lone Cube).

Thing is Star Trek was never a war-series. It was always about exploration and discovery. So I think to change its core focus so fundamentally would be risky.

Yeah..I just finished The Forever War so I may have been a little too pumped up on Military Sci fi when I thought of this. :)

When they made the first Star Wars trilogy, we get to see Vadar and Ben fight in a somewhat slower fight, they seem to just tap their lightsabres together, we get to see Yoda use the Force a lot but never got to see him use his lightsabre, we see Luke and Vadar's fight a little better but it was more of a rookie vs an old man. When the second trilogy came out, I remember reading in magazines, or something like that were there were some kind of cheers of getting to see fast moving action. I remember reading something like it's great to see Yoda kick ass, a reference to being able to watch Yoda's swordsmanship with his lightsabre, and the fact that Anakin and Obi-Wan's fight between each other were fast paced, as they were in their peak and are skilled.

So why not do just one remake movie of The Next Generation, using JJ's timeline, where we can see a skilled martial arts actor, like for example Ray Park, plays Data, and get to see Data actually being able to do some martial arts fighting. It would be nice and cool to see Data fight like Jackie Chan, dodge phasers like out of The Matrix, leap from building to building like Spider-Man movies. It would be great to see Data kick ass at his peak, and yell "Whoa Data!! Cool move!"

Looks like Robert Orci might not be directing.

I remember reading that Michael Dorn was developing a TV series starring Worf. I wouldn't mind watching it