Heath Ledger RIP

Originally posted by Dave....

Is the taking of sleeping pills commonplace among Americans?

Australian born in Perth Western Australia!!!!!!

Its unbelievable how much this has impacted on everyone here. Our morning tv is just full of tributes to Health, the papers are just full of articles and its all most people are talking about. Its very sad that someone so young and with such potential as an actor has gone but even more sad that he has a young child who will never know her father!

I bought it on Blu Ray, haven't got it yet. Don't know if I can watch it.

The autopsy was "inconclusive".

Apparently to get into the role of the Joker, he locked himself up in his apartment for weeks and then said that playing the role was making it difficult for him to sleep so the need for sleeping pills.

Australian born in Perth Western Australia!!!!!!!
I knew that, and I didn't say he wasn't, but he is living in America among that set.
The autopsy was "inconclusive".

Apparently to get into the role of the Joker, he locked himself up in his apartment for weeks and then said that playing the role was making it difficult for him to sleep so the need for sleeping pills.
Maybe that is an explanation.

I guess I'll have to shelve that letter asking him to marry me...

More seriously, it's shocking and just sad. I don't know that I feel too badly for his daughter (bear with me a moment), because she's still too young to understand what's happened. I feel more badly for his ex and his family.

Although, being a celebrity, there's plenty of material around of him. More so than most people, anyway.:(

In some ways I think that will make it all the stranger, she'll have lots of images and footage of her dad but mostly of him playing someone else. Her images of him will all be of a young man, that won't age and I wonder if that isn't difficult sometimes particuarly as she begins to be older then he was?

My thoughts go out to his family and friends.

Although, being a celebrity, there's plenty of material around of him. More so than most people, anyway.:(

I think that will suck even more which i felt so sad for his kid.

Everyone else knowing and loving him cause of his work but she will never get to know her father,the real Heath Ledger.

She has her mother, her grandparents, her god parents, her aunts and uncles, who will be able to tell her about her father, and how much they loved him. Still, it's little comfort.

She has her mother, her grandparents, her god parents, her aunts and uncles, who will be able to tell her about her father, and how much they loved him. Still, it's little comfort.

Yeah i know that but it is still not the same. Knowing someone most of your life specially your childhood or people telling you about him.

My father lost his father about the same age Ledger's kid is in, he always says how sad it was he never got to know his father. Not even remembering him well.

They had a Heath Ledger special on normal TV (A Knights Tale and The Patriot), and on PayTV they had The Brothers Grimm, Brokeback Mountain and Casanova.

I felt so sad seeing him.

Poor Heath :(

I think the media will leave him alone. There's always Paris Hilton to make fun of.