Heath Ledger RIP

I know Culhwch, I just heard this on the radio and couldn't believe it. I won't say what I said but it was a great shock, very sad news indeed.

Just heard this on the radio and nearly fell off my chair. Absolutely tragic.:(

Sad news very sad.

I wasnt a huge fan but i thought he was pretty good and he was way too young to die like this.

I hope it isnt drug as the article i read said.

It was shocking to find out only a young man my thoughts go out to his family especially his young daughter, it looks like a sleeping pills overdose but the post mortum is tommorrow

Yeah, I only found out about it a couple hours ago, from my Google desktop news. He was a great actor, one of the very few good young American actors. It's really bad news, here.....heh, personally, I think one of his best performances was in The Patriot, with Mel Gibson.....

What really annoys me is that he doesn't survive an (apparent accidental) overdose, but cows like Brittney and Lohan survive this kinda crap.

I am gonna miss him and it will be weird seeing him in the next Batman.

I wonder what the deal with respitory issues and ambien is? I also wonder how big of an overdose is required to be leathal? The answers would help determine if it was intentional or not. Either way it is a sad turn of events.

Originally posted by Manarion

He was a great actor, one of the very few good young American actors. It's really bad news, here.....heh, personally, I think one of his best performances was in The Patriot, with Mel Gibson.....

Ummm he is Australian!!!!!! We tend to be a little possesive of Australian Actors, they can leave and work overseas but they are still Australian!!!

I only saw this news story this morning - on my brother's Facebook profile would you believe...

Awful news... very tragic and such a waste. :(

The Batman Premiere will be an altogether different occasion now and watching the film very weird indeed.

My thoughts go out to his family and young daughter.

xx

Such sad news and a big shock. My favourite role was A Knight's Tale.

Originally posted by Manarion

Ummm he is Australian!!!!!! We tend to be a little possesive of Australian Actors, they can leave and work overseas but they are still Australian!!!

Especially those who are actually born here.

His family has issued a statement saying the death was accidental. Autopsy being performed today.

Another bright young actor gone. Just 28 and with a 2-year old daughter. Very tragic. He had alot of talent and was a good person. Reminds me of Micheal Hutchense (although that was suicide).

I was up late and this was on the news and I was so shocked I woke my boyfriend up to tell him. It is so sad, and so scary how easily a life can be lost. My thoughts are with his family and his daughter. RIP.

Reminds me of Micheal Hutchense (although that was suicide).
That wasn't suicide either, but I'm not sure I'm allowed to explain what it was any further here. The brother of someone I know also died in the same way.

Is the taking of sleeping pills commonplace among Americans? Is it common among actors? Or is it just Hollywood actors? It appears to be, yet there is little comment on the health risks involved.

Another question: The newspapers often make reports about someone having "a large quantity of prescription drugs". Do they always mean sleeping pills? Why don't they just say so?

I never liked Heath Ledger that much (as an actor), but this is still saddening. Especially because, if I heard right on the news, he has a young daughter at home.