How many Pern books have you read?

C'lin of Ista

The title says it all. How many Pern novels have you read so far? I'm about at four, once I finish Moreta I'll be at five.

Every one except for those written in the last few years. I'd have to go count them and I'm feeling too lazy at the moment. I have serveral shelves of hardcover McCaffrey books and a large box of her paperbacks. Not all Pern.

once I finish Moreta...

Not that many - yet. I love Moreta though, and Narilka's Story (I think that's the right spelling), which is the follow-on from it. Anne's books take less effort to read than some of the darker, grittier novels published lately. :)

All of them up to and including Masterharper..but I'm afraid that one has put me off reading any since.

I've read all of the Pern books written by Anne herself, although I could only manage MHoP and Skies once. I won't touch Todd's works, although I will read decent Pern fan fic.

Never read any of Todd's, manephelien - are they really that bad?

My mum says he's good - although she hardly ever says a book is bad.

I haven't read them, but as a regular poster at some AMC sites, I've been given to understand that some fans go so far as to not consider them canon.

I've read all the Pern books, inlcuding Todds, I consider them the same Pern, differnt point of view.

I've read all but the last two with todd. just didn't have the same enthusiasm as when it was Just Anne. that makes what 17, 18?

All of them up to and including Masterharper..but I'm afraid that one has put me off reading any since.
How taste in literature can be so different. I really enjoyed Masterharper but that might be because of my love of music. :)

I've read all of Pern books except for the one written by her son.

How taste in literature can be so different. I really enjoyed Masterharper but that might be because of my love of music. :)

I've read all of Pern books except for the one written by her son.
There's another one you've read now you may wish to mention....;)

Masterharper was okay on its own, but it contradicted too much of what had gone before to be enjoyable as a part of a series.

okay, so the 40 years of pern, Dragon Harper, and Dragon's fire are the only pern stories I haven't read. ran through Dragonsblood last night ( no not the brightest idea in the world, but a touch of insomnia and had to do SOMETHING constructive) liked it better than some books I've managed to choke down, but still don't think Todd is up to his mother's storytelling.