Will Martha improve TW

VALEN

The One that was...
It's a simple question, which I hope will bring out alot of different answers:

But can the Martha character improve TW?
What can see bring to the show, which his not already or has been there?

I personally hope so, I has deffinatly been lacking something, but I don't think that some thing is Martha.......Happy discussions

Martha seems like a normal well-adjusted individual; not a sex-maniac or secretive loner. She's intelligent and also a qualified Doctor of Medicine, so she actually has skills that would be useful to the team. She has met aliens before and didn't run screaming, nor jump immediately into bed with them, so we can rely on her to be level-headed. She is exactly the sort of person that you should recruit to Torchwood, so she has very little in common with the existing team of misfits, who should have killed each other off long before now. If I was Martha I'd watch my back; in fact I'd turn down the job now and find a nice quiet hospital in the country instead to work in.

The only thing to improve 'Torchwood,' would be cancellation.:mad:
Heh...well, I'm willing to give it a second series, hoping that Russell T Davies has taken on some of the criticisms. I mean. it's not as if our TV screens are exactly overflowing with SF/F at the moment.....

Bit harsh me thinks, but I will be giving it a go.

Overall I don't mind watching Sci Fi, poor or great. As others have said, there is not that much on at the moment.......[will have to get a copy of the lost tailes B5 and give that a go]

I'm sorry to disagree here Ace but I'm on record many times defending season 1, it had a few problems (Cyberwoman in the basement anyone!) but after watching the fairy episode I was totaly hooked. I would urge folks to remmber that there were a fair few very atmospheric episodes and while when it was bad god it was really bad when it was good it was amazing. Nice to have a bunch of folk feeling their way in the dark (Owen the dirty boy usually:D) I think Martha is going to level them off and hopefully take a ragtag bunch of misfits and with Jacks help mold them into a force to be reckond with.

We needed a season of them being quite frankly being the new kids on the block with all the tempation of all the alien technology to play with. They are no longer a buch of sad losers with big toys, maybe now they will fufil their destny, or else Owen's going to shag eveyone again:confused:

About as likely as the Doctor getting off with Donna, as played by Catherine Tate.:rolleyes:

Something to keep in mind is that the Captain Jack we saw in Gotwood series 1 bore very little resemblence to the Captain Jack we saw in Doctor Who in terms of characterisation.

So there's no reason to assume that the Martha in PorkWood series two will act and behave consistently with her portrayal in Doctor Who....

Pyan said:
About as likely as the Doctor getting off with Donna, as played by Catherine Tate.

Ghhhaaaaa noo!!!! Somebody pass me the steel wool! I need to scrub my brain clean of these images!!!!!!!

What? What? Perhaps the Doctor, at 903 years old, is looking for someone a little more.....mature.;)

Heh heh. Yeah, maybe all this picking up young hot women (Rose/Martha/Kylie) to be his companions is the sign of some time lord mid-life crisis.

Coming soon: Pimp My Tardis.

Coming soon: Pimp My Tardis.
Off Topic now sorry, but he could use an Interior Designer. He's had the Ultra-Modernist, and the Edwardian looks, and now he has the Organic look. Next he really needs some flowery curtains and bright soft-furnishings, maybe some pink fluffy cushions and matching slippers.

As for Owen, isn't he just vile? How did he manage to bed every woman he met? I do hope Martha has some self-respect.

As for Owen, isn't he just vile? How did he manage to bed every woman he met? I do hope Martha has some self-respect.

I think it will be the case of that he's pale in comparrison to the Doctor.....

Next he really needs some flowery curtains and bright soft-furnishings, maybe some pink fluffy cushions and matching slippers.
I'm sure that the TARDIS will oblige if he wanted that....doesn't it remodel itself to fit in with the Doctors personality after each regeneration?

Ahem....

I still think that if Owen tries it on with Martha, he'll come off worst. I mean, who would you choose, given the choice - a mysterious Gallifreyan, used to whirling around the galaxy righting wrongs and foiling attempts to take over Earth, or a smarmy Welsh git?

I hope that they don't write yet another relationship in - its not a soap opera or at least its not meant to be.

Hey that could be partly what's wrong with it - its too interested in relationships and not interested enough and storytelling.

I still think that if Owen tries it on with Martha, he'll come off worst. I mean, who would you choose, given the choice - a mysterious Gallifreyan, used to whirling around the galaxy righting wrongs and foiling attempts to take over Earth, or a smarmy Welsh git?

She did say that she was ready to move on, however. (And at last!)

I'm not very fond of Martha, but in another setting, where she's not mooning over the Doctor and flouncing around because he's not paying attention to her, I suppose that her good points might be a little easier to recognize.