people turning into cacti

rosearche

I can remember watching a Dr Who when I was very young, when a character touched a plant, I think it was a cactus, and over a period of time he changed into a cactus.

Can anyone suggest any other examples, books, films or anything else where this has occurred and not necessarily with a plant.

Many thanks as always...

that is amazing footage and if it wasn't on ITN I don't think I would have believed it. Thanks for that. Anyone with any knowledge of it appearing in literature?

You may be confusing two Doctor Who stories. In Meglos A creature called Meglos, the last inhabitant of Zolfa-Thuran (a cactus-like, Cactoid alien) impersonates Tom Baker's Doctor.

In The Seeds of Doom (also Tom Baker) several people begin turning into Krynoids (a kind of Galactic weed) after touching an alien pod found in the Antarctic.

China Mieville's novels, including Perdido Street Station and Iron Council, feature Cactus creatures and insect creatures, who inhabit New Crobuzon, the city-state on a world called Bas-Lag.

I'd move it to Book Search too.

Thanks again for the sources. I would also like to know if anyone has anything on literature other than plant life, rocks, metal? I found a film from 1957, the man who turned to stone, that sort of thing.
Dave your last comment on moving this post suggests it is something I can do? Can you advice how I do that, please.

No only moderators can move posts, but this is not my forum and I didn't want to step on anyone's toes. I'll move it now.

I seem to remember 'rock men' from somewhere, possibly in Flash Gordon but not in literature.

Is it intelligent plants and rocks that you want? Triffids, Deathworld, Horta?

Quatermass 2 springs to mind with the mushroom type plant which exploded spores and infected anyone too close.

Back