Magician The Movie?

The King's Buccaneer and The Return of the Buccaneer (if it was released)
would make good films because they hardly have any real background over the rest of the series

Is there a book planned as The Return of the Buccaneer?

He was going to write it, before the Serpentwar. It was to be about Calis' first journey, meeting Bobby and going with Nakor. However, those publishers AGAIN stopped him, wanting the Serpentwar done. Now he says it is impossible and never will be done...

Wht does he stick with a publisher who fights him all the time. Surely another publisher would snap love to him up.

I have the same opinion...if someone does snap up his books for films, he may have the same problem

Like mentioned in another thread it might actually be REF himself that is the problem.

The best books to be filmed would be the first three... in my opinion the best three. Maybe Peter Jackson would be a good director? And how about Michael Bay as a producer? Now that would probably look ama-zing! Oh BTW, Michael Bay produced Transformers he didn't direct it. :)

A movie would be an awesome idea, because if the right people were on it, the book could become a major motion picture. If it did I think Hayden Christenson (Anakin Skywalker) would be good as Pug...

Except Hayden Christenson is about 8 feet too tall to be Pug.

The best books to be filmed would be the first three... in my opinion the best three. Maybe Peter Jackson would be a good director? And how about Michael Bay as a producer? Now that would probably look ama-zing! Oh BTW, Michael Bay produced Transformers he didn't direct it. :)

he did both along with Speilberg

If I was a billionairre, I would get it done... minimum budget of 500mil... with an outlook to producing ALL of them :D Faerie Tale as well! :p

Michael Bay or Jerry Bruckheimer for sure, those guys KNOW how to make a movie pump!

A Speilberg influence would be fantastic, but don't see him jumping at it to readily...

Some movie adaptions get done well, some get screwed... I love Clive Cussler books, but the Sahara adaption was complete rubbish, and I had loved that book... :S

Would need to be done as a trilogy to start, and guage peoples reaction, Magician, Silverthorn and Darkness... would be sweet... Battle scenes for Darkness would be intense!!! :D

I'm not sure which way to lean. If Feist gets the correct director, or doesn't sell the rights to anyone, then... Well, I don't really know.

Magician, silverthorn and Darkness in sethanon, me thinks would make a wecome companion set to sit beside my LotRs set..
I recently watched earth sea (groan) and was disappointed (It was good to watch i had just set my expectations too high). You want a good film you need screen writers and a director that have a deep understanding about the topic they are about to transform, Jackson and his hand picked crew had that for LotR.
Could he do it for Magician, only if he had passion for the books.

Has there been any possibilities on this?

Would compete with the LOTR in my opinion.

Who would play the main characters do you think?

Hayden Christenson as Pug? I can no way see how he would be suitable.

Pug is put across as a short, quiet, unassuming man normally who changes into a figure of power when he gets mad. How does a tall lanky guy with a grumpy look and annyoing voice fit that?

I'm not sure if Magaician would make a good film, I think there is too much in-your-face magic to do it. I'd rather see the serpentwar or talon books made into a film.

I think the servant of the empire series would make a good series tho, but probably better as an animated TV series.

Ugh. Due respect offered, Balinor, but please don't reduce Wurts' & Feist's wonderful Empire stuff to an animated TV series.:eek: Way, way too much nuance and subtlety to have it stuffed into a TV format, I think.

While I'd like to see Magician done well, I think you're right about the "in-your-face" magic. On top of that, the Tsurani chapters are almost a movie onto themselves, regardless of the parts that take place in the Kingdom; no way they're cramming that book into 3 hours (which makes it a long movie, at that).