searching for a reputable store

Overread

Searching for a flower
Well this is sort of a request for a book = well many books:
anyone here know of good american book retailers who ship to the UK. I have found that they tend to have more of the older stuff over there than here; but I would rather deal with a single store to get my stuff, rather than dozens dotted all over the place

I've never ordered anything from them, but here's what Wiki says.

I have been ordering most of my books from Barnes & Noble online since 2003. Been very satisfied with the service and prices. There's also Amazon.com in the US. If you have an account in with the UK Amazon, you also can use it for the US or Canadian Amazon.

hmm I have also found them on amazon as a marketplace seller.
here is a question though - thier prices for shipping on thier website are higher than on the amazon website - is this true - or am I reading one of them wrong?

sorry - I meant powells with refrence to thier shipping prices from the US to the UK. The prices on the amazon website are cheaper than powells own shipping prices - I just wanted to make sure that I have that right and I am not going mad

sorry - I meant powells with refrence to thier shipping prices from the US to the UK. The prices on the amazon website are cheaper than powells own shipping prices - I just wanted to make sure that I have that right and I am not going mad

You could also compare them to Barnes & Noble and see what the difference is. Someone on this site recommended the Book Depository in the UK. I wonder if they could help you. They ship free worldwide.

Powell's is a huge bookstore-I've been in there a couple times, easy to get lost-but I have no idea what their shipping charges might be. I'd venture a guess that it would have what you want, but I they tend to be a little expensive, if I remember correctly, it's been forever since I've been in there....

Have a look for fantasy centre, there's a link in the HOW DO YOU BUY YOUR BOOKS? thread I started. They are based in London, UK. and say that it's better for you to send them your wish list of books as they have so many.

I have ordered from Powells via Amazon and they sometimes take 5 or 6 weeks to get to Europe they ship surface. Not so great. Books are in good condition.

thanks for the info - I will check out the Fantasy Centre - they seem to be what I am searching for
If You ever get up to London Eric and Ted's shop is halfway between Holloway Rd.& Highbury&Islington tube stations, well worth a visit not large but have half as many books again in the back room.

Back