Dreamcatcher

biodroid

A.D.D.
Just started reading Dreamcatcher, I really enjoyed the movie. There are a few differences but so far they are minor. He writes with a nice down to earth style, not with an "I-really-know-how-to-write-english-well-so-I-will-show-it-off-and-try-confuse-and-dazzle-you" style like other writers, I guess that what makes him so accessible. What do you guys think, did you enjoy this book? I must confess that I am a King fan and have read almost all of his books and enjoyed about 90% of them.

Honestly, I hated the book. I got about halfway through and just couldn't finish. The whole concept of sh1tweasels and aliens taking over was way too farfetched even for me. And I didn't see the movie because I hated the book so much.

I've seen the movie and enjoyed it...

There are a few SK novels that involve aliens or life forms from other planets or dimensions....one of them being Dreamcatcher, also Regulators, and Desperation (which happened to be linked together). Another one is Hearts in Atlantis, but it has more to do with the Dark Tower Series than aliens.

I recently read this. I felt that there was a good build up until the aliens were revealed. The whole mystery of the farts and burps and what the hell was going on but it just turned out to be aliens- I felt a little let down.

I also felt the subplot wasn't connected in enough to the main, there wasn't much reason for it I thought.

It was rather original though.

I did like the book quite a bit. The movie just seemed like a bad interpretation of the book. I didnt like how the ending of the movie was totally different from the book. I think because I like his books so much, the movies invariably disappoint me. (Unfortunately).

I did like the book quite a bit. The movie just seemed like a bad interpretation of the book. I didnt like how the ending of the movie was totally different from the book. I think because I like his books so much, the movies invariably disappoint me. (Unfortunately).

I feel the same about the films, but of course they just can't fit all of that narrative into a movie. Even a miniseries, which might be long enough to touch on most key points, is going to come up short. King's novels are character driven, a great deal of the plot takes place inside their minds. Very hard to get that onto the screen.

Then there are the ones like The Running Man and Lawnmower Man where the writers just keep the title and change everything else about the story.

I'd put Dreamcatcher in the top third of King's novels.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
I Stephen King 5