season 8 on tv

buffy-101

hi everyone im new :) and i LOVE buffy
iv watched it for ever and i just want to know if there any chance of a season 8 on tv ? if not why ?
elliot.

Season 8 is going to be in graphic novel / comic book form only - unless someone can talk SMG into being Buffy again, which is highly unlikely. The show's done b/c SMG said she was done. From what I understand, the sets are gone, most of the people from the show have moved on and even if they got everyone back together, it just wouldn't have the same 'feel' as the original.

But - we still have Joss writing the stories he wanted to tell and that's just as good! :)

so theres basicaly no chance for a return ? i think it would be soo amaizing if there was just one more season how come smg doesnt want to do it anymore ?
are there any other members of the cast that dont want to continue ?
elliot.

Joss Whedon is doing a new series anyway with the actress that played Faith and that is more than enough.

Buffy was good but Whedon is too good to get stuck on it for longer than the many years he gave the show.

Joss Whedon is doing a new series anyway with the actress that played Faith and that is more than enough.

Buffy was good but Whedon is too good to get stuck on it for longer than the many years he gave the show.

Eliza Dushku. Is this series going to be in the Buffy universe or something completely different?

I can't see a season 8 happening now. The actors have moved on and too much time has passed. I wouldn't like to see new actors playing those parts. Movies are always a possibility since they represent big paydays for the actors who don't have to commit for too long.

There is certainly scope for new stories/characters set in the same universe. But Wheedon is quite capable of coming up with something new and equally good.

I know that there had been a series with Faith planned in the past, but ED was locked into the Tru Calling contract and it couldn't be done. I haven't heard/seen/read anything about another show w/ ED by Joss. (But, I'll admit to not really looking either.)

how come there is so little hope for buffy ? but all the other stuff sounds good!!

The lack of hope has more to do with the nature of Hollywood and TV than anyone's specific lack of desire to try.

James Marsters said that he'd only play Spike for 5 more years after the end of Buffy (or Angel) - and I think we're closing in on that now. SMG, afaik, isn't interested and all the others have moved on to other things - whatever they may be.

A good chunk of folks who'd appeared on BtVS have been on House, MD - Clare Kramer, Tom Lenk, the guy who played Warren (forget his name), Michelle Trachtenberg - and a couple others that I can't think of right off. Plus, countless other things around the TV screens.

Yep, I really think Buffy as a tv series is well and truly finished. It had a good run but to try and revive it now would be a stretch. As others have said most of the actors have moved on, David Boreanaz has finally been able to put behind the Angel persona with Bones and I think James Marsters has a good point as they'd only have to come up with some storyline for why an ageless vampire is aging. It'd be nice to see Nicholas Brendan turn up in something new, Xander was always a favourite and he seems to have dropped out of hollywood all together at the moment.

If there was any serious talk of a Buffy movie I think we'd have heard more rumours by now so if your looking for more fun in the Buffy universe Ripper is definitely looking like your best bet.