Dresden Files/A Song of Ice and Fire

Ernst Dabel

Hi my friends, how are you? Below is the press release, enjoy :)First Dresden Files Poster:
Dresden_Poster.jpg

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE For more information, contactSean J. JordanSales/Marketing DirectorDabel Brothers Publishingsjordan@dabelbrothers.com(770) 917-1946 Wednesday, December 5th, 2007 DABEL BROTHERS LAUNCH NEW ONLINE STORE WITH TWO EXCLUSIVE 'A SONG OF ICE AND FIRE' ART PRINTS & A 'DRESDEN FILES' POSTER

Dabel Brothers Publishing's online storefront offers fans of George R. R. Martin and Jim Butcher the chance to order three never-before-seen, stunning pieces of artwork… just in time for the holidays! Fans of George R. R. Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire and Jim Butcher's The Dresden Files have something special to look forward to this holiday season.

That's because the Dabel Brothers announced that with the re-opening of their official online storefront, they're offering an exclusive poster and two limited edition art prints featuring beautiful, never-before-seen artwork… just in time for the holiday season!The two art prints feature characters from George R. R. Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire novels. One print shows Ned Stark, leaning against a tree in the quiet of the godswood and cleaning his sword as the autumn leaves fall around him. The other shows Sansa Stark, sitting in the softly falling snow and building an icy miniature castle for herself. Each print features a lovely black border and a brief quote from the text that evokes the scene from which each illustration is inspired.

The poster features Harry Dresden from Jim Butcher's The Dresden Files, in a scene fans of the novels will likely remember, as Harry Dresden is attacked by a toad demon named Kalshazzak and is left out on the street, in the nude, with his date. (After all, a date with Harry Dresden is an invitation to expect the unexpected!) The poster depicts the exciting climax of the battle, as Harry channels the power of a storm and blasts the demon with a bolt of lightning.

Each poster and art print measures 18x24 inches. The Dresden Files poster will be printed on heavy, glossy paper that is suitable for framing or simply for decorating a wall, for the nice price of $14.99, plus shipping. The A Song of Ice and Fire art prints are printed on high quality stock with a clear varnish to protect the print over time. Each is suitable for framing and limited to only 500 pieces, for a cost of $24.99, plus shipping. In order to keep the art prints and posters from being torn or bent, the Dabel Brothers are shipping each order flat, between two thick pieces of cardboard. Posters will be carefully rolled and shipped in packing tubes. And the Dabel Brothers are guaranteeing all orders placed by December 15th *for delivery in time for Christmas, which means these prints can make great holiday gifts for the George R. R. Martin and Jim Butcher fans alike!"We've had great success with these posters and art prints before, and the fans have been begging us to do another one," explained Les Dabel, Vice President of Dabel Brothers Publishing. "We're thrilled to be offering these, especially since they have turned out to be such top quality illustrations!"Those interested in ordering these exclusive poster prints can visit Dabel Brothers Publishing - News to place their orders by clicking on the "Dabel Brothers Store" tab. Retailers interested in carrying these prints in their stores should contact Derek Ruiz (druiz@dabelbrothers.com) for order and pricing information.

For more information on Dabel Brothers Publishing, its products and its partners, please visit http://www.dabelbrothers.com.About Dabel Brothers PublishingDabel Brothers Publishing, LLC is a comic book studio dedicated to bringing many of the best and most popular novels in the world of fantasy to the comic book medium. With a passion for authenticity and a firm respect for the original text, the Dabel Brothers work hard to ensure that their adaptations build upon and enhance the worlds of popular works in a manner that longtime fans and new readers alike can enjoy. The Dabel Brothers first became known for their stunning adaptation of George R. R. Martin's The Hedge Knight in 2003. Since then, they have produced over a dozen different titles that have adapted novels by major, bestselling authors, including Orson Scott Card, Raymond E. Feist, Robert Jordan, Tad Williams, Richard A. Knaak and Robert Silverberg. The Dabel Brothers also produced the first six issues of Laurell K. Hamilton's Anita Blake: Vampire Hunter, which they published through Marvel Comics. The hardcover graphic novel collecting these issues went on to become the bestselling graphic novel of 2007 with only a single month's worth of sales.In 2008, the Dabel Brothers will produce and publish several more comic book adaptations of novels by major bestselling authors, including Dean Koontz's Frankenstein: Prodigal Son, George R. R. Martin's Wild Cards and Jim Butcher's The Dresden Files. All of these titles will be collected into graphic novel collections in conjunction with Del Rey Books, an imprint of Ballantine Books.More information about Dabel Brothers Publishing can be found at Dabel Brothers Publishing - News. Copyright 2007, Dabel Brothers Publishing, LLC. All Rights reserved. All trademarks and titles are the property of their respective owners.The statements contained within this document are considered "forward-looking statements" and may not reflect upon the actual future performance of Dabel Brothers Publishing, LLC.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love that the poster is naked!Harry fighting the Toad Demon! :)

Is the first issue going to be the whole of Storm Front, or are you breaking it down into sizable chunks?

Either way - I'm game for snapping these up! :) I love all things Dresden! (as evidenced by the fact that I now own a hardback copy of Storm Front, when I already had 3 paperback copies!)

The poster looks great! If the rest is as good (which I'm sure it will be:)), then I'll definitely be keeping my eyes peeled for a copy.

Highlander II my friend, I'm happy you like the poster :)The first series is an original Dresden story written by Jim Butcher himself ;) After that we are going to go into the actual Storm Front adaptation, breaking it down accordingly. It's always good to talk to another fan, and I have to tell you that I've seen some of the pages of issue #1 of the original Dresden story and it is AWESOME!Talysia my friend :) I'm happy you like the poster as well. It only gets better ;)

I've been pimping the Dresden love all over the interwebs for the last several years! Blame my love of James Marsters - he read the first book in audio and I was hooked... it's been Dresden-Dresden-Dresden ever since! ;)

*is also partly responsible for there being a Jim Butcher section here on Chronicles *g* *

Well, in that case, please don't hesitate to pimp the Graphic adaptation Dresden love all over the interwebs as well ;) As soon as I read Storm Front, I knew that I wanted to adapt it graphically and that it would be awesome!Great job, Highlander II my friend :)

Oh - the pimping has already begun! :)

If it's Dresden - I tell people about it.

Granted - I can always tell more! *g*

When's the first of the graphic novels supposed to be 'on the shelves'?

Walks into thread and admires for a moment the art work haging on the wall, mmmm very nice looks wonderful.

Pauses and turns to congratulate Khan and see's Highlander in a purple suit with matching wide brimed hat with an enormous purple peacock feather and large medallion hanging from a nearly bare hairy chest.

Huh!? and turns to see Khan in a red leather mini skirt with a low top revealing his also very hairy chest:eek:EEEEEEKKKKKK!

When you said you were pimping him around the net I assumed he was speaking figurativlety!!!!!!!!:eek:

Hheheheheheh! Only kidding it looks good congrats on a job well done Khan.:D

Okay - I now have the image of Connor MacLeod in a pimp outfit w/ a sword - and that's just wrong..... :D

Highlander my friend, the first issue of Dresden will be out in April :)Thanks Ice Fyre my friend, LOL :)

Both posters look great so far! April seems like a long time to wait for more Dresden. I was spoiled, I didn't discover Dresden until the show was on sci-fi, and was then able to read the first 8 novels in a row. One new book a year is slow when they are so good! :D

Rothgar my friend, I'm happy you like both posters, there'll be more coming soon ;) I know, but it's worth the wait, believe me :) But now there'll be lots of Dresden graphic adaptations in between these novels, lol :)