BBC to show 'family friendly' episodes

Have you ever seen 'Eastenders'? :rolleyes:

It's a pre-watershed show on the BBC for family viewing, with the odd murder, plenty of sex and violence, wicked step mothers, frequent bad language, beatings, drug references and a whole host of general unsavoury things that you would like to introduce to your children at as early an age as possible.

In contrast, alien sex seems quite mild actually. :rolleyes:

As long as they don't make an adult version of the "Sarah Jane Smith Adventures". :eek:

(And wouldn't they do better spending their time doing something to improve the scripts on the next batch of Torchwoods? The new Radio script excepted, naturally, which should be a big improvent on the TV version.)

I thought that Torchwood was going to be Doctor Who for grown-ups? Doesn't this make that whole concept pointless?

And are we going to get a cut version of Blink for nervous adults?:D

Yes: blink and you'll miss it.

(Perhaps we already have.)

I'm not too sure about this turnaround - I was always under the impression that Torchwood was supposed to be for older viewers anyway. Still, it'll definitely be interesting to see how they manage it.

This seems pretty ridiculous.

Aren't they now showing Robin Hood on two occasions - presumably for two audiences. If they think they can grab two audiences with Torchwood, they've only paid for it 1.01 times (allowing 1% costs for re-editing).

I was hoping they could make a discerning viewer friendly version that made sense, cut out the annoying, ineffectual characters and the seemlingly pointless plotlines. But then, it wouldn't be the Torchwood we know and er ...love?.:)

Robin Hood was absolutley family frendly and bloody awful!. :mad:

I still defend the majority of Torchwood season 1 as being a bit edgy and thourghly offensive in places but always watchable. I hardly think Robin Hood comes into he same room.

At least unlike some of the drivel that is being shown on TV at the moment we are seeing some innovation. Some SCI-FI on BBC which as far as I'm concerned is actually pushing boundaries. For once we are seeing three production series of SCI-FI, Torchwood Who and Sarah Jane, and thats on one channel!

For once production teams are looking toward the Genre and are getting things commisioned, its a start and I just hope they dont water down Torchwood for a family friendly audence.

I was hoping they could make a discerning viewer friendly version that made sense, cut out the annoying, ineffectual characters and the seemlingly pointless plotlines. But then, it wouldn't be the Torchwood we know and er ...love?.:)
There wouldn't be a Torchwood at all....:D

The BBC has had to cut millions of pounds from their budget...and if they can fill an hour with a repeat that's not officially a repeat, but a re-working.....

Back