Which actor to play Druss?

I agree with Demad Tom Hardy would be great for Druss but I think it shoud start with The First Chronicles:cool:

I think there are a number of good candidates for the part, I particularly like Tom Hardy, however (and bear with me) my first choice for Druss is Jeff Bridges, think Obidiah Stain from Iron Man plus his portrayals in Tron Legacy and True Grit. For me it's the eyes, they have the quality that could stare down an army!

Maybe James Cosmo as an older version of Druss. If he was more athletically built though. But His Face, voice, stature everything jsut screams Druss

For a young Druss I would pick Tom Hardy, hands down. If you are going older, then Ray Winstone. He was awesome in King Arthur and that one Mel Gibson movie that I can't remember the name of...

I like the idea of Tom Hardy as a younger Druss.

What about Micky Rourke as an older version? He'd somehow have to do away with that American accent, but he's got the build and probably also the face.

20 years ago, Oliver Reed.

He would have been perfect; accent, charisma, eye and hair color, acting ability, facial features. With today's CGI, soft lighting and a little hard work in the gym his physique wouldn't have been a problem either.

Now? I honestly don't know. I see a lot of people mentioning Ray Winstone and Tom Hardy, neither of these actors cut the mustard in my opinion. Ray is too one dimensional, never straying too far from the British gangster typecast and Tom is too pretty.

Yeah, a lot of people basing their choices on actors who are 'big' enough, in muscle terms. Its a tricky one, the actor would need to put on the muscle sure but the presence of the character would be the hard part. A man who was pure power and commanding yet kind and gentle? Very hard to pull off. For the record, Tom Hardy would be a no no. As someone said above, far far too pretty

Yeah, a lot of people basing their choices on actors who are 'big' enough, in muscle terms. Its a tricky one, the actor would need to put on the muscle sure but the presence of the character would be the hard part. A man who was pure power and commanding yet kind and gentle? Very hard to pull off. For the record, Tom Hardy would be a no no. As someone said above, far far too pretty

Some one gentle enough to pull this line off,
  • I've seen things you people wouldn't believe... [laughs] Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion, I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain... Time... to die.

For an older Druss, I wouldn't be against Perlman at all. He's a great actor. The challenging thing would be finding the right people to play in the cast around him.

If you are making a film from Legend, then you have got to find the perfect person to play Rek since he's such an integral part of the story. You would need someone who can act but also has star power. I wouldn't be against Ioan Gruffudd. He is a classically trained actor who is recognizable because of his roles in King Arthur and as Reed Richards in the Fantastic 4.

Brian Blessed if they start with Legend..... Zach Galifianakis if he's younger and Zach works out a bit :p

The Rock.

Give me a minute, Pain & Gain shows he has a sense of humour when acting and he looks very much the aging warrior.

That or micky Rourke from that wrestling movie.

For an older Druss, I wouldn't be against Perlman at all. He's a great actor. The challenging thing would be finding the right people to play in the cast around him.

If you are making a film from Legend, then you have got to find the perfect person to play Rek since he's such an integral part of the story. You would need someone who can act but also has star power. I wouldn't be against Ioan Gruffudd. He is a classically trained actor who is recognizable because of his roles in King Arthur and as Reed Richards in the Fantastic 4.

He was pretty good in the Hornblower TV series, too. :)

I think Tom Hardy's a brilliant choice and if working with a decent make-up artist I think he could play both the younger and older Druss.

I like Gerry Butler as Druss, Tom Hardy as Skillgannon, Chris Marshall as Rek. Any mention of an American in a Gemmell film just brings to mind Tony Curtis going "Yoander lois da castle of moi Fwadder." Any Americans in it would make it awful. Full stop.

Back