Which actor to play Druss?

What about Gregor Clegane for a younger Druss, James Cosmo would be brilliant but i think he would be too old to swing the axe

Sorry to necro an old thread...was googling something and stumbled upon this site - awesome! After seeing Vin Diesel in The Last Witchhunter he'd pull off Druss perfectly.

Sorry to necro an old thread...was googling something and stumbled upon this site - awesome! After seeing Vin Diesel in The Last Witchhunter he'd pull off Druss perfectly.

He would be a very good choice.:)

Welcome to Chrons.:)

Ewwww no.

Vin Diesel would NOT make a good druss IMO. Not stocky or heavily built enough. Physically he would be much more like a Skillgannon but even then I think Skilgannon is longer and more lithe.

I will have a think about my own favorites and post later.

Connovar, I really like Oliver Reed, but he'd have needed to muddy his pronunciation a bit.

James Cosmo could do it too.

But the main problem I have with Reed and Cosmo would be the problem I have with Mark Addy as King Robert in HBO's A Game of Thrones... the right physique is necessary for Druss. Fat or going to fat does not mean he used to be a 6'6" body builder.

Sam Elliot is way too small... and even as an American, I'd never get past the accent. If Druss was retold as a western...

I did not read this entire thread, but here are my thoughts... I picture Druss in his mid to late fifties.... about six and half feet tall... at least 250 lbs, but not more than 270... graying hair, square jaw, prominent (hawk?) nose that may or may not have been broken in the past... piercing eyes.

Here are some possibilities, past and present, as they occur to me...

Clint Eastwood has the height, the attitude, the slow burn... but he's lanky.

James Coburn... too lanky.

Lee Marvin... a bit too short.

Kirk Douglas... perfect except for height.

Burt Lancaster... too nice.

Charlton Hesston... too skinny.

Dolph Lundgren... looks great... acting ability?

Mark Schlereth... 52, 6'3" 260, former NFL lineman, Lundgren's a better actor.

Robert Mitchum.... just about perfect.

Adam Baldwin... currently 56 years old, 6'4". Played Jayne on Firefly.

Joe Manganiello... 6'5", perfect physique, but only 41.

Dwayne Johnson... too short, too ripped.

Vladimir Kulich... 6'5"... 61 years old... getting fat... played Buliwyf in The 13th Warrior.

John Gavin... bit too thin.

Bruce Campbell... 61, 6'4"... going to fat... looks great. Too comedic?

Nick Nolte... 25 years ago....

Mickey Rourke... if he was seven inches taller.

Bill Goldberg... can he act as well as Schlereth?

Past: if you could put six to seven inches on Oliver Reed or Kirk Douglas, I'd take either... or Robert Mitchum.

Present: Adam Baldwin or Vladimir Kulich.

Future: Joe Manganiello.

RISE FROM YOUR GRAVE!

Jorma Tommila from Sisu (2022) and Rare Exports: A Christmas tale (2010) would be perfect right now.

1704038409108.png

Back