Which actor to play Druss?

Sam Elliot (if they start with 'Legend')

SamElliot_Jeff_14082919_400.jpg

Sam Elliot is definitely a good choice. But top of my list would be Gerard Butler (300)

Sam Elliot is definitely a good choice. But top of my list would be Gerard Butler (300)

Butler's a great choice for his earlier days but he'd be too young if they started with Legend.

The late great OLIVER REED, liked his drink and the odd scrap and he also had great pressence and a commanding voice.

Other wise an unknown actor, there must be someone out there.

Butler's a great choice for his earlier days but he'd be too young if they started with Legend.

You know what, youre right.

If they were to start with "Legend" then James Cosmo would be a wicked choice. Very gruff and imposing at the same time. Think it was James Cosmo who played Santa Claus in Narnia two years ago wasnt it?

You know what, youre right.

If they were to start with "Legend" then James Cosmo would be a wicked choice. Very gruff and imposing at the same time. Think it was James Cosmo who played Santa Claus in Narnia two years ago wasnt it?

I'll admit that I had to do a Google image search but once I saw a picture I knew exactly who he was. He'd be perfect - plus the Scottish accent would be brilliant. I think we have a winner.

What about John Rhys-David? He was quite believable as a CGI'd Gimli.

Sam Elliot is a good choice, a good actor that could do Druss very well.

My fav would be though Oliver Reed, he was a great actor and looks like he was the real Druss :)

The voice was also very commanding, a voice i imagine Druss must have. Very shame he is dead. He died too young only 60.

Look at the pic in the link !!

http://www.geocities.com/movias/gladiator.jpg

If they made a film, which actor do you think there exists ( alive or dead) that could play Druss?
My choice would be......it would have to be CGI (like Beowulf)

I agree with you JED, if they made a film with real actors the battle scenes would have to be highly edited as the makers would probaly release under a CERT 15. With CGI you could get away with alot more blood shed during the battle scenes. Can you imagine Druss carving is way along the ramparts with no blood flying?

No CGI IMO it must be a real person with real emotions.

CGI like Beowulf look horrible for fantasy,adventure stories. When they make it try to look "realistic" computer animation like the recent Beowulf it looks very strange.

Which is why i have no interest in the CGI Beowulf despite the famous story and one of my fav actors Anthony Hopkins.

No CGI IMO it must be a real person with real emotions.

CGI like Beowulf look horrible for fantasy,adventure stories. When they make it try to look "realistic" computer animation like the recent Beowulf it looks very strange.

Which is why i have no interest in the CGI Beowulf despite the famous story and one of my fav actors Anthony Hopkins.

O.K what about a Manga type animation, I remember watching fist of the north star a good few years back and loved it. I have'nt really watched any other Manga type films though.
Or what about a LOTR type animation where I think real people did the acting then they were animated over. Could have possiblities?

Tha works good. I have seen good fantasy in those type of animation.

Its the kind of Beowulf that irks me. It looks dead.

I like anime, would love to see it animated very anime like looking Jinroh or Princess Mononoke. Gotta look greenish and down to earth fantasy like ala DG.

Samuel L. Jackson! ;)

More serious suggestion would be James Holloway (Sawyer from Lost). I can imagine he could do a really good, 'simple man in extraordinary circumstances' given how he portrays his most famous character.

I agree with the no CG idea though - in Beowulf the characters jaws just didnt seem to move correctly.

James Cosmo
He recently played in the dark is rising. Cannot picture sam elliot as he is a bit on the small side for me.

Sam Elliot, although a good actor comes across as too tall and wiry.

Imagine both James Cosmo and Sam Elliot standing next to each other.

Imagine each with a black beard, a black helm with a skull on it and a black jerkin with black leather troos to match. Imagine the deadly Snaga in the hands of each of them.

Which one would you vote for?

James Cosmo has my vote, hands down.

O.K> just spent an hour and a half cringing through THE LAST LEGION film, and must say that if anybody can manage to stomach the film you will see that JAMES COSMO would with out question be the man to play DRUSS in a film of LEGEND.

visit this link and look at the picture on the bottom right hand side.

THE LAST LEGION
THE LAST LEGION

O.K> just spent an hour and a half cringing through THE LAST LEGION film,

I feel your pain man, how could you allow yourself to be put through so much torment??

I havent seen the film but everyone I know who has gone to see it has slated it outright.

Back