Jim Butcher's Dresden Files Graphic Adaptation

The art is way cool too (check out the Dable Bros site) - and Jim really likes these guys - so this should be good! :)

Thanks Highlander II my friend, we've got some terrific Dresden art lined up to come out very soon ;)

Hey folks

Ummm, is it me or does Harry look a bit too good looking and well um superheroy? The drawings put me in mind of his dark side which he converses with upon occasion.

Just an observation but I think this is a series I will be getting, I dont get comics but I think this is one I will be purchasing. The art work looks really good tho.

:D

The art looks great, and I'll be interested to see how this turns out. Come to think of it, the Dresden Files seems perfect for a graphic novel release.

The art looks great, and I'll be interested to see how this turns out. Come to think of it, the Dresden Files seems perfect for a graphic novel release.

Funny you say that, b/c Jim Butcher has mentioned that he's kind of always pictured Dresden in 'anime' type format... yes, Jim's a true geek! :)

It came up on the message boards some time back. (The anime stuff, that is; Jim's always held his geek status high! *g*)

I'm looking forward to the graphic novel... ;)

Thank you for your support! I have to say that Jim is a lot of fun to work with. He knows exactly how he envisions his characters and when we're off on an artwork, his notes back to us are very straight forward, so that is a very good thing for us, prevents us from being all over the place ;)

Thanks my friends, and I mean to make you very happy with some good stuff ;) I've seen the pages and WOW, they are amazing! Okay I'll stop teasing now, but it won't be long now :)Ice Fyre my friend, I've never worked on Spiderman. I'm Ernst the oldest of the Dabel Brothers, we've done George R.R. Martin's The Hedge Knight, Robert Jordan's New Spring, Robert Silverberg's Seventh Shrine, Raymond E. Feist's Magician Apprentice, Orson Scott Card's Red Prophet, Gold Bug an original Ender's story, XIII, Laurell K. Hamilton's Anita Blake, now we're working on Jim Butcher's Dresden Files, Dean Koontz's Frankenstein, George R.R. Martin's Wild Cards, we'll also be adapting Roger Zelazny's Nine Princes in Amber, Steven Erikson's Malazan Book of the Fallen, and much much more ;) We mean to make fantasy/scifi fans very happy in the next several years :)

I just checked out your website and bought the godwood poster, it looks really great. You guys do good work. Do you know if it is possible to get a higher quality digital copy then the one available at your site?

Aleksei my friend, thank you for your support :) I'll look into it for you and see if that is possible. Thanks again :)

Thanks Khan, your style rings some bells with me and now I know why, my wife is a big Anita Blake fan and I got her the first collection Guilty Pleasures (I think) of the comics. I know if my wife looked at the sample art work on the other thread she would be asking to have that young lady move her head a bit to the right......:D

As I said any ideas on release for the U.K?

You're welcome Ice Fyre my friend :) I hope your wife enjoyed the first collection of Guilty Pleasures. LOL :)Not sure yet when the release will be for the U.K., but please don't hesitate to check out my website, in the store section of the site you can get everything ahead of time ;)Dabel Brothers Publishing - News

I'm looking forward to this one too. I've visited your site The_Khan and the art looks amazing. Not quite how I pictured Harry but still great.
How many comics will be coming out? I understand that this one will be a limited run?
Thanks

Mariel my friend, I'm really happy that you like the artwork that you saw on the site :) This is an original four issue story written by Jim Butcher. Here are two pages from it, enjoy :)

dabel24_colors.jpg

dabel04_colors.jpg