The Knight

I will definitely pick up Soldier of Sidon, especially since I'm enoying Latro.

Thanks for the suggestions! I am always on the look out for a new author. I saw Wolfe mention Patrick O'Leary in one of his interviews and was going to check him out. I believe he mentioned Gaiman as someone he likes, so I wil check him out too.
Well you will enjoy Sildon if you like Latro.

As far as O'leary goes I've read almost nothing by him so I can't really comment. Neil on the other hand, I've got pretty muh everything he's ever has published both in graphic novel and story formats. In a word I'm a big fan of his. He co-wrote a graphic novel/chapbook with Gene called walking tour Of The Shambles. I've got it and it's quite good. If you look in the General Book area in the stickied threads I've written up my recent encounter with Neil at a literary dinner in Melbourne. I'm also going to do an online interview with him at some stage.

I like Erikson and Martin but then I'm a big EPIC fantasy fan. If you want to get your teeth into some thought provoking material the Genre has had to offer in the past 100 plus years try Victor Gollancz's Masterwork series both for SF and Fantasy. I've got entire sets for both and they're awesome.

Cheers for now...

Well you will enjoy Sildon if you like Latro.

As far as O'leary goes I've read almost nothing by him so I can't really comment. Neil on the other hand, I've got pretty muh everything he's ever has published both in graphic novel and story formats. In a word I'm a big fan of his. He co-wrote a graphic novel/chapbook with Gene called walking tour Of The Shambles. I've got it and it's quite good. If you look in the General Book area in the stickied threads I've written up my recent encounter with Neil at a literary dinner in Melbourne. I'm also going to do an online interview with him at some stage.

I like Erikson and Martin but then I'm a big EPIC fantasy fan. If you want to get your teeth into some thought provoking material the Genre has had to offer in the past 100 plus years try Victor Gollancz's Masterwork series both for SF and Fantasy. I've got entire sets for both and they're awesome.

Cheers for now...

Gollum, once again thank you for your suggestions. I will bump up Gaiman in my reading queue. That graphic novel might be a good place to start, although it looks a little hard to find.

Gollum, once again thank you for your suggestions. I will bump up Gaiman in my reading queue. That graphic novel might be a good place to start, although it looks a little hard to find.
Yes, it's not that easy to track down. I got my copy from Amazon US.

His most famous and probably seminal works of the 1980s is the Sandman series (now available in a 10 book graphic novel set) but he also has many stand-alone works as well esp. with artist Dave McKean.

Personally I would suggest the following:

Best novel:
American Gods

Best Children's book:
Coraline

Best Graphic Novel:
Sandman Series

Best Story Collection:
Fragile Things

Neil is fairy prolific and the movie Stardust was based on his book along with the BBC production of Neverwhere. He also co-wrote the script for the recent Beowulf movie. Mirrormask the movie is another of his.

Let us know how you fare.

Yes, it's not that easy to track down. I got my copy from Amazon US.

His most famous and probably seminal works of the 1980s is the Sandman series (now available in a 10 book graphic novel set) but he also has many stand-alone works as well esp. with artist Dave McKean.

Personally I would suggest the following:

Best novel:
American Gods

Best Children's book:
Coraline

Best Graphic Novel:
Sandman Series

Best Story Collection:
Fragile Things

Neil is fairy prolific and the movie Stardust was based on his book along with the BBC production of Neverwhere. He also co-wrote the script for the recent Beowulf movie. Mirrormask the movie is another of his.

Let us know how you fare.

Thanks Gollum! I'll probably start with American Gods. My limited reading time is being taken up right now by Latro in the Mist. I'm reading faster than i usually do, I'll post my impressions soon. I usually have a few books going at a time, but Gene has been monopolizing my reading time lately.