I'm on Fool's Fate...and....

Whilst it's a brilliant trilogy, and makes you want more books about Nevare (maybe even a second trilogy), it isn't a touch on the whole Realm of the Elderlings trilogy of trilogies.

But its all thats left after the end of the realms of the elderlings - at least the last in Hobb style - you could try Megan Lindholme's works (its the same author, but a different pen name - and a different style as well)

when i finished assassins quest i was just so depressed. so depressed that it actually bothered me that a book could affect me so.
there is so much i can say about the farseer trilogy yet so little. all i can say is that it is truly phenomenal. one of the greatest pieces of fiction ever. i cant find words to describe its greatness. i am filled with so many different emotions right now. all i can say is that its hands down bar none the most depressing thing i have ever read in my entire life... i wept and wept and wept. but life is depressing isnt it... will i ever reread it? i dont know... im not sure i want to experience the myriad of emotions that i have this past 2 weeks. ~sigh~ the book is so powerful... and the characters... my God the characters... the characters will stay with me forever.

so now i just finished a fools fate (spoilers)

im so full of joy. fitz found happiness atlast in the ending. most of all with molly. i really loved molly, and i loved even more their relationship. im just so happy, because the ending of assassins quest was just too depressing. he got to be with his soul mate in the end. like fitz i am also content.

I would like more books with Fitz and the Fool in them. Actually love would be a better word.

But its all thats left after the end of the realms of the elderlings - at least the last in Hobb style - you could try Megan Lindholme's works (its the same author, but a different pen name - and a different style as well)

OK...I have to look this up after I post this. So it's the Farseer trilogy, then Liveship and then Fool's trilogy...and after this is the Realm of the Elderlings?? (I know about the Soldier Son one...)

Oh. Gotcha.
OK...I'm even more confused as to the order of her books penned under Megan L. Can someone clarify with a clear list, pleeeeease? (I'm trying to add them to my Amazon wishlist...).
(thank you in advance)

Ok Megan L.
The Reindeer People
Wolf's Brother
once released as a single book, now as two separate ones - shamistic music and theme across a backdrop of nomadic peoples - note there is no animal bonding as in the Farseer trillogy, but there is some bonding of a sorts

Harpy's Flight
The Windsingers
The Limbreth Gate
Luck of the Wheels
four books that form part of a series about a traveler - good series in a large, populated world, with many more non-human sepcies present than in most other fantasies

The rest are (from memory) all stand alone releases - Wizard of the Pidgeons - has some very good reviews.

other recomendations well if you like long, epic fantasy try
A Game of Thrones - Book 1 of a Song of Ice and Fire by Geoge R,R, Martine - long story following many protagonists in short chapters for each character, a very much medevial backdrop and a gritty world to live in - magic is old and echos in the back drop at the start, but move closer to the for as the series progresses - there are also direwolves :)

The Gardens of the Moon - book 1 of The Malazan Book of the Fallen - by Steven Erikson - very similar writing style to the above, but magic and the gods are firmly at the forfront of the series - large magical battles, wizards, a dark backdrop and even more characters - and good luck working out who is good and who is not

will be back with more later

Ooooh...Overread...thank you so much.

I am a big George RR Martin fan:) Eagerly awaiting the next book.

Steven Erikson, huh? I've heard of him, but never read. I give this one a shot. I'm all for magic & wizards. Thank you so much for the suggestion! I can't wait to hear more.

Well, more you say, well I have no more epic tales to share, so on to the smaller ones:

The Book of Jhereg - Steven Brust - well this series of tales (and there are also more books after this one) centres around an assassin and his Jhereg (think minidragon - with poison) with the ever good animal bondings, however while Hobbs books seach deep into the mind of the character, these tales are more action orientated. A good read and as you progess through the series the story and world deepen. Also, note that most of the earlier books mess around with timeings so that the play out events that happen before book 1, but for which you have to have read book 1 for to understand (not time travel, but just the author messing with the readers :))

Through Wolf's Eyes -Jane Lindskold - well this tale is one of two wolves and their adventures through the world, however I should take the time to point out that one of these wolves happens to walk on two legs and to look at her body, you would say she was a human. Cryptic bits away, this is the first tale of a girl raised by wolves in the wild and reintroduced to humaninity, but the wolves in question are not ordinary wolves, these ones are smarter and bigger - thus is most definatly Not tazan the woman! A really good series and one for wolf fans!

I know the feeling of not wanting it to end. I was the same way with Liveship Traders. I felt there was so much more story to tell. You get attached to people and you wanna keep in touch somehow but they're not real people. I would have liked to see Fitz meet up with his birth mother or surviving members of her family.

*shrug* i was happy with the end of fool's fate. well not happy, i hated the whole molly and marriage ness, and the death of burrich, but i was glad it ended there and didn't go on any further (had gone too far already in my mind)
reading farseer triliogy again (what a lot of dogs die! i'd forgotten that) and i won't read further. i hated liveships and the tawny man series just didn't work for me because of the ending (and nighteyes dying) so yeah. farseer for me. that was just the best :)

wow... u didnt like the ending?? i thought fitz being with his true love and finding happiness with 3 children (dutiful, hap, nettle) of his own and 5 of burrich's was supremely fufilling. i dont think i have ever come a fictional character that deserves a happy ending more than fitz. seriously...

hated it. with a passion. for being fake. burrich's death was too conveinant and i hated hoW EVERYONE got married and had babies and were happy. life isnt' like that and i didn't care to hear about it happening to random nobodies.. marriage and kids aren't really my idea of happiness either (tho they may well be his) and i felt it went on FAR too long. i'd have been happier with it all glossed over and just the, molly and i went to live in my father's house, imissed the fool, teh end. without all the, and dutifiul came to visit with his baby, and nettle did this and bla did that. i didn't care about those random people.
and i really didn't like nettle or molly or starling much to want to hear about them (i mean, come on, starling the infertile suddenly getting pregnant too?) it was too much. and any happiness i may have had for fitz was drowned out by annoyance at everytying else. ending should have been about him and the fool. not him, the fool and the rest of the kingdom