Season 2, Episode 8

Parson

This world is not my home
Supporter
Episode 8 is both a revelation and a frustration! True to the ads it did answer a lot of questions about what happened after Season 1 and before the beginning of Season 2. Some of that was surprising and some of that wasn't. I was surprised about the base of the Maria story and the Nikki story. But for the rest of them it was pretty much as it had to be. I enjoyed getting the background, but I kept asking myself.... "Why wasn't this Season 2, Episode 1? Also it did nothing to advance the plot. Was this just a filler episode? Perhaps the most surprising revelation is that the "Heroes" will have only 3 more episodes to save the world. I would take that to mean that we will get another story (writer's strike not withstanding) following the First of the year.

What?!? 3 episodes? Whaddaya mean?

I thought it was a good episode, it's all got going now. We know more about Peter ending up in Ireland, and a bit of that electric blonde. We saw, strangly, Adam and Peter starting thier friendship. Good question to ask now is, who is on the side of good? Adam or Bob and the company. the company would make you think no, but then they are turning Dr Suresh.
Adam's blood will be an interesting point, why didn't he cure the world form the virus.

I love this program, but the story is getting a bit muddled now, what with time travel, men 400 yrs + and virus's nuclear bombs, that happen but don't happen.

I can't wait till next week. There are soom really great posibilities with story lines, like Sylar and Maya, Micah and his skills.

I wonder what's happening to Mori (sp? (Parkman's dad/Nightmare man)) is he dead, stuck in a coma or what? If he's in a coma will Parkman be the one to let him out?

And another thought, could peter pick up the Haitian's skill of stopping powers?

Anyways, rock on heroes

Moonbat

Adam is far from the good side. Bob too. Why didnt he cure the virus? Cause he is a sick one.

I thought it was a good ep only thing bothers me , its that no one is smart enough to doubt The Company. How can you listen to Bob specially Peter and Nathan who know what their mother and her people are .

She is an evil one making Nathan's wife and family leave him cause he is apparently crazy . She is worse than Bob.

Another "we need to save the world / New York" thing, but it got me wondering - is the world supposed to end, and our heroes are just delaying it? What will be the next disaster if they beat the virus - and will they stop it?

My abiding thought of this series so far;

Sylar - PLEASE eat Maja and Alejandro's brains. And please make it soon!

What?!? 3 episodes? Whaddaya mean?

After the show on Monday night the tease said something like "the world is about to end and the Heroes have only 3 episodes to stop it." Since this is one of NBC's more popular shows I don't think we're in for a mid-season end to production (Of course there's always the writer's strike to consider).

As I reflect on this Mondays show, I am coming off my original assessment a bit. Knowing how Adam and Peter join forces is definitely a key development that I hadn't considered.

Yeah for once they surprised us with Adam and Peter.

It will be awesome seeing what happens when Hiro sees his nemesis is alive and killed his father. How will react seeing Peter his first Hero ally with with his enemy.'

Only Hiro really that have a power that makes him in uber powerful level of Peter. What will he do if Peter sides with Adam against Hiro?

Hiro i hope will act like the future Hiro in that he will become a warrior type hero. You could see in the look of his after his father deaththat he wont by the happy,naive Hiro ever again.

Yeah for once they surprised us with Adam and Peter.

It will be awesome seeing what happens when Hiro sees his nemesis is alive and killed his father. How will react seeing Peter his first Hero ally with with his enemy.'

Only Hiro really that have a power that makes him in uber powerful level of Peter. What will he do if Peter sides with Adam against Hiro?

Hiro i hope will act like the future Hiro in that he will become a warrior type hero. You could see in the look of his after his father deaththat he wont by the happy,naive Hiro ever again.

Good questions all. It will be interesting to see how they are answered.

And a very good insight about Hiro never being "happy, naive Hiro ever again." A loss which I will be sad to see, but if the story is to maintain a kind of integrity with reality (I suppose that sounds dumb when you are dealing the kind of shear fantasy Heroes is, but nonetheless..). Clearly a real person faced with great tragedy and a life and death struggle will never really be happy/naive again.

I hear things about he will try to go back in time and save his father in next ep. Will be interesting seeing how he handles the loss. Try use his powers to save him or go crazy for revenge specially when he finds out about who Adam is.

I agree it is good for the show to have personal tragedy for the heroes so they can grow.

Well if even 400 years ago differences between Hiro and Adam are no longer extreme, there is the matter of Hiro's father being taken off the ledge by someone he knew, and the only two powers we have thus far seen that would allow that are regeneration or flying. Hiro did not seem to respond well to his father's death and his memory, unlike Adam's is fresh not 400 years old.

Now the interesting foreshadowing is when scarred Peter and Hiro did not like each other in the future of season one. But Nikki was alive then (or when) and in a relationship with Peter. So does that hint at the upcoming story arc if Adam saves Nikki with a transfusion as Mohinder is no longer able to cure the Shanti virus?

And IF Peter figures out he has likely absorbed the Haitian's ability along with cellular regeneration, doesn't that pretty much make him invincible to anything? Non-supernatural powers can't kill him, and then being able to stop any hero power?

Edit: Regarding the 3 episodes left issue, I think that has to do with how they split the season last year and will likely do it this year again.

Peter will never use Haitan power cause then he is invincible if he can stop all powers and absorb other powers too.

Also that future where Claire was dead the bomb happened Peter had scar everything thats gone forever they changed it. No one knows what the future will be know.

You did see the new future with the virus instead of the bomb. Who knows how many times the future might be changed before it happens. Hiro can heal and screw time as we have seen. He created Adam, saved the future from the bomb too atleast for now.

Peter and Hiro can still hate eacother and become enemies anyway specially with Adam manipulating Peter.

Right, some great quesitons there Conivar and Weasel soup.
My 22'227 cents.
Future Hero (5 years) and future peter did have an issue, and wasn't it something to do with Hero giving peter the big scar? So maybe when Hero goes for revenge on Adam and Adam is with Peter he maybe has to attack peter.
I reckon Peter will change time with Adam and avert the huge virus deaths, these things always go that way, even with X-men the futuristic episodes were always harking back to getting the present right. That's kind of ironic that time travel focuses on getting the present right when we're basically putting off saving the planet 'cause it'll all be alright in the end' type syndrome.

The haitian's powers only seem to work on mental or mind powers, like Hero's Parkkans, Eve's and Candice(did I imagine that?) So not sure Peter would be invincible.

Interesting question though, how did peter get the scar in the future, if he can heal why didn't it heal. that leaves the option that in that future that Hero didn't change Peter didn't save the cheerleader and so didn't ab sorb clare's healing ability. But then also would never have come into contact with Adam. Unless peter's scars from before the power would not be healed?

Anyways, glad to see I've some Heros plotline buddies, throw them at me people :)

Moon Bat

Adam didnt seem to be in that future since Sylar ruled then.

Which is why i think that future is gone forever atleast in that version. Since the bomb never nuked NYC.

The Haitan powers worked on Peter, it has worked on Hiro and many others. I dont think its only mental powers it can stop.

Peter has used powers without using his brain aka even thinking about it and The Haitan stopped him. If he can stop Peter stop from using any of his many powers than the others arent really a big problem.

Peter is already near invinciblity. I mean when he uses Hiro's power,Adam/Claire's power than he is unstoppable. You saw him in the future, stopping time and crushing people, that plus healing whenever he is hurt then he unstoppable.

Which is why The Haitan is there, to make uber strong heroes/villains like Peter,Hiro,Sylar,Adam seem human and being almost their only weakness.

Peter could have gotten the scar while someone was giving him a power-suppressing drug. Or he could have been knocked out or rendered comatose at the same time as the cut happened, and not had that power kick in because he wasn't thinking about it. Or he could have chosen not to use the power when he was cut, in order to fool someone into thinking he didn't have the power.

The Haitan powers worked on Peter, it has worked on Hiro and many others. I dont think its only mental powers it can stop.
The word "mental" is necessary for distinction but I'm also under the impression that all powers in the show are mental; that is they originate in the brain. Nomatter how powers manifest themselves, sylar always goes after the brain so Haitan just needs to supress the controlling mechanism of the brain weather it be mind over mater/energy/time etc. I wonder if he just temporarily makes them forget how to use their gift.

Well mental powers can usually means to me atleast powers like Matt's, the illusion girl power etc

Of course most of these powers are from the brain.

And another thought, could peter pick up the Haitian's skill of stopping powers?

Anyways, rock on heroes

Moonbat

To answer this question I believe the answer would be no. Remember Peter's true ability is absorbing powers. Well if the Haitian's ability is stopping your own there is no way for Peter to absorb his ability. So the Haitian nullifies it and should be immune to Peter's ability.

Yeah and also whats the use of having the power of nullifiying when it doesnt nullifie your power of absorbation ;)

Back