The Mighty Boosh

tonyHarrison.gif

This is an outrage!

There was a Boosh thread and i missed it.

Hoopy, do you have room for a medium sized shaman in your handbag?

Handbag! As if I'd have a handbag. I have a sturdy shoulder bag, though, which might be able to accommodate you. It's usually full of fruit, old receipts and general crap so you'll have to shift things around a little.

Apparently Tony Harrison makes an appearance in this year's live show. Yeeeah!

Good old Tony Harrison, I wonder if Lester Corncrake(well his head at least) ever recovered from his encounter with him.

I wouldn't be suprised if they come over to your shores Maji, Ozland was always an early portal for their humour.

fingers crossed for you.

Hoopy Live update, you say? Well, I'll have a go.

As mentioned, last night was the big Boosh event that I'd been waiting for over a year. First of all I shall say that the Boosh definitely seem to be becoming more a musical band -- much of the show was taken up by their fantastic and original songs. And much of the music was live, with a band on stage and the main cast playing their own instruments: Rich Fulcher on piano, Dave Brown on drums, and Julian showing off his mad lead guitar skills. The man's incredibly talented on that thing! There was music throughout, from the very beginning with the opening consisting on "Future Sailor", through to the Crack Fox having his own dance remix, the Hitcher doing his trademark "Eels" song, a few new songs thrown into the 'story' of the show, and going on to a brilliant montage to end the show that mixed well-known crimps, the Nanageddon song, the Charlie song and many more.

But because there were so many songs, I think the show lacked the coherence that the first show had with it's actual solid storyline. We didn't get this in this show -- the first half consisted of characters coming on stage to do their own little bits, although this was very entertaining as we saw the likes of the Crack Fox, Tony Harrison, Naboo and Bollo, the Hitcher and Bob Fossil getting the entire audience standing up and joining in with his unorthadox dance moves. The second half had a bit more plot, with Howard putting on his own "dark and powerful play", only to have Vince come in and wreck it in his own glittery, silver way. And although we saw all our favourite characters in the first half, this was all we did see of them; they, including Naboo and Bollo, and even Howard and Vince (as they were technically taking on new roles in the play within the play) didn't seem to 'be' on stage.

However, despite all this, it was an awesome show indeed, with some brilliant moments, including Howard pulling off his elbow patches to spin elbow tassels, Naboo going all 'gangsta rap', a giant inflatable eel being thrown onto the stage during the eels song, Vince Noir dressed as a Greek Angel, complete with shining golden body armour, and much much more. And one of the best moments of the evening: the Boosh Cast getting revenge on the Honey Monster for stealing their crimp style and decapitating him on stage.

And I am now the proud owner of a Hitcher t-shirt! Wearing it right now.

I'm stupidly tired after all the travelling and the big event itself, so I'll stop now. But I'm sure I'll be back when I remember even more magical moments from the Brilliant Boosh Night!

Alas, there were no jump suits in last night's performance. But lots of other awesome costumes. There were a lot more changes in this year's show.

Behold! My Hitcher T-Shirt. And on the back it has the immortal lines "Eels up inside yer, findin an entrance where they can". There were many t-shirts there, I wish I could've bought them all! My friend bought one with Howard Moon's face alternating with a picture of a trumpet in a circle. There were also Bob Fossil ones, Crack Fox ones, a myriad of others, and also scarves, mugs and programmes...

6db3904d.jpg

HEHEHE, Bob is brilliant. his knolwage of animal names is unriveld:D
Big Russian Carpet Man. He's a communist. What he doesn't understand is that if Carpet Man don't dance, then Carpet Man don't eat.:D

Sounds pretty cool Hoopy, love the shirt.

I went to see them the night before Hoopy at the BIC and unlike the other two I went with I thought they were awesome! They were expecting something like the first tour, a bit of a story etc. Personally, I liked the format even if it wasn't so cohesive as the first tour.

Highlights for me were the dancing (grab the sandwiches anyone?), Howard Moon's elbow tassles and when Julian Barratt messed up on the date in his play which wasn't one of their deliberate mistakes... the whole crew jumped on it which made it even funnier. Bollo stacking it was also quite funny! Oh and Sunflash with his distinct brand of Chavese and that stupid laugh!

I felt for Noel Fielding when he was doing his Hitcher bit though, his cough was pretty bad the night we saw him...

xx

The dancing with Bob Fossil was hilarious -- feed the chickens!

I did like Sunflash, particularly the costume, but I have to say that his accent did start to get on my nerves after a while. Although that doesn't stop me going around the house going "I'm Suuuuuunflaaaash from da foooooocha!" And I have "Future Sailor" going around and around my head.

You saw them at the BIC, too? Awesome! We had great seats...on the ground floor, the last four seats in the row so that I had the end seat with no one in front obscuring my view!

Yeah, Noel was coughing a bit when he first came on stage ("Just a bit bronchial" :D) but after that he seemed all right for the rest of the show.

The dancing with Bob Fossil was hilarious -- feed the chickens!

I did like Sunflash, particularly the costume, but I have to say that his accent did start to get on my nerves after a while. Although that doesn't stop me going around the house going "I'm Suuuuuunflaaaash from da foooooocha!" And I have "Future Sailor" going around and around my head.

You saw them at the BIC, too? Awesome! We had great seats...on the ground floor, the last four seats in the row so that I had the end seat with no one in front obscuring my view!

Yeah, Noel was coughing a bit when he first came on stage ("Just a bit bronchial" :D) but after that he seemed all right for the rest of the show.

Our seats were pretty nifty too. We were on the floor also, row J, really good seats. These were due to my bro being a member of the website or summat! Anyway, I was very jealous when one of my friends went t'other night and had her hair ruffled by Noel and he referred to her as Marilyn (she has platinum blond hair in the style of the great female icon).

Future Sailors still hasn't left my brain!!!

xx

Well I'm now on Boosh mailing list. Lets hope they come to Australia soon.