The Mighty Boosh

My niece gave me series one on DVD. I think its great fun. For some reason I keep thinking of The Goodies, probably because of the sense of fun and the revelry in cheap sets and costumes. Some of the dialog is a bit David Brent from The Office, particularly Howard Moon's. I don't know if it has aired in Australia on free to air TV yet. I think it is just word of mouth so far.

Hoops, next November? That's a long time to wait.

Well, actually, the Goodies is one of the influences used by Julian and Noel when creating The Mighty Boosh -- they didn't want to be another comedy sketch show, they wanted to create an entire world with a whole host of crazy characters.

And I know, a very long time, but I'm stupidly excited already. I love the Boosh and seeing the live show is going to be the highlight of next year, woop woop!

Gully, season 1 and 2 have both aired over here in Aussieland and I am awaiting the next one.

Alas, that's the Boosh over and done with again (sigh), but I do have the prospect of the Live Tour keeping me sane through the dark Boosh-less nights (and the previous series on DVD, of course. Oh, and the release of the third series! But I get ahead of myself as usual...) I enjoyed this series -- except for the Crack Fox...that was just weird and creepy -- especially the Eels and the Crimping episodes. My friend and I were talking, though, and we think the second series is still our favourite -- it had the right amount of Howard and Vince moments, balanced by strange places and fantastic characters (this being the series, of course, that produced such delights as the Moon, Old Gregg and the Shaman Council).

Long live The Mighty Boosh! :D

I loved this series, completely bonkers but I did love it. I was sad to see it go but like Hoopy, I have tickets to their next Live Tour... have to wait almost a year *sigh* but it'll be worth it...

I couldn't pinpoint my favourite moment... *ponders*... I did like Stationery Village, that made me chuckle and the crimping was genius!

xx

I thought I'd mention that the DVD of the third series will be released very soon (seems very quick to me, but then I'm not going to complain!) According to Amazon it will be available on the 11th of February. Mind you, the last time I checked, it said it was going to be released on the 28th January. So, hopefully, if the date doesn't change again, the third series will be ready for all the Boosh fans to enjoy this DVD of pure liquid wonderment...

The DVD is all purple and beautiful. I'm looking forward to seeing the Eels and Crimping episodes again especially. I may have to watch the Crack Fox once more and then never again -- that episode was...freaky...

Yes I probably will do that. Go in with a few of my friends maybe.

Ah, nice to see you in the Mighty Boosh thread, UC, I noticed your usertitle a long time ago and always meant to comment on it to you. "I'm Old Gregg!" "Do you love me?" :D

I may have to splash out and buy the third series soon...I'm particularly looking forward to seeing the Eels, Crimping and Birthday Party episodes again.

What happens in Crack Fox! You must tell me. I got the first 6 episodes of season 3 from a friend and I can't get the last 7 minutes of Crack Fox to work.

Eels! Eels! Eels! Eels up inside ya, finding an entrance where they can.

LOL! I've just noticed your avatar, Maji. That's awesome :D *Round of applause for the Hitcher Ball!*

OK, spoilers, just in case:

What happens...let me think.
Did you get to the part where Vince and Howard go down into the sewer and finds the Fox? He gets all scary and threatening, but the tramp turns up in the cloak Vince gave to him. He fights with the Crack Fox but gets stabbed by his needle fingers. Vince and Howard leg it, but the Crack Fox follows in a very strange sleigh. They run outside and the binmen are waiting and the Crack Fox flies into the back of a rubbish truck and gets crushed. I can't remember what happens at the very end, I'm afraid. It's been a while since I watched it.

I thought you would like it.

Ahh so thats what happens. Thank you. Now I can go tell my friends when I see them next.

I thought you would like it.

Ahh so thats what happens. I can go tell my friends now.

Bloody hell, I can't believe it's been over a year since I started this thread. Craziness.

I've noticed your avatar, Maj. Very nice. It's impossible to be unhappy in a poncho! And from experience, I know it to be true!

I wanted to revive this thread just to say I'M GOING TO SEE THE MIGHTY BOOSH LIVE NEXT THURSDAY!! I can't WAIT! WOOOOOOT!!

You'll love it, enjoy.

I saw them a couple of years ago on their 1st proper tour...HILARIOUS, one of the best gigs I've been to music or otherwise.

Are you going in anyones character?

I was going to buy The Boosh Book recentley, but I have an inkling that Santa will be delivering it this year.

I have the first live tour on DVD and it's awesome enough then -- must be brilliant live.

My friends and I are thinking of maybe dressing up in Electro gear. I did dress as the Hitcher for a birthday party a year or so ago, but unfortunately the top hat with polos and yellow wool sewn to it is back at the family home...

I was browsing through the book t'other day, too. Methinks I might have to put in a request from Santa!