The Mighty Boosh

Ahdkaw

Bopper
Here comes the Boosh, the Mighty Boosh

If you haven't seen the first series, then you have a lot of catching up to do.

If you have, then you probably already know all about the fact that the BBC is providing each new episode of The Mighty Boosh for download one day prior to it's airing on BBC3.

Check it out. I love this programme.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/mightyboosh/

"I am the moon,
I have a song,
The sun doesn't have a song,
but I do"

Not actual lyric but a close approximation.

Re: Here comes the Boosh, the Mighty Boosh

i've seen one, but wasn't sure if it was any good - it's that sort of program - i've not been able to find it again to find out if i like it.

Well you have the link to try again. It's one of those very strange Brit comedies that a lot of people just can't seem to get their head around, like Little Britain which whilst has received critical praise throughout the UK, outside the UK most people just don't get it.

But I must say, once you get into the characters of this show, you'll be addicted just like me. :)

Oh, I really like Little Britain (esp the odd gent with the piccolo - I think - who runs a Scottish vacation home, the highly unsuccesful cross-dresser, the peculiar school teacher, the 'cripple' and his wheelchair-pushing friend and the fat chap who imagines he's they only gay in his village, not to mention TOm Baker's VO), so I'll look out for this one.

"Carrot cake, carrot cake, have you any nuts?"
Holds carrot-cake up to ear.
"The carrot cake contains... no nuts."

"Chocolate cake, chocolate cake, have you any nuts?"
Holds chocolate-cake up to ear.
"The chocolate cake contains... no nuts."

Oh, I remember that one! Great stuff. The hapless and ineffectual record-breakers are fun, too. They play 2 episodes back-to-back every saturday, so it's one hour of total fun.

But I am a lady, I do not have testiclés! :D

Almost forgot the end to the one I posted, but I remember now (may have got the cakes mixed up, but the joke still works).

"Lemon meringue, Lemon meringue, have you any nuts?"
Holds lemon meringue up to his ear.
"He wants to speak to you"
Passes lemon meringue to American customer.
"Mike Kaplowsky?"

That was by far the best Little Britain sketch until the one in the most recent series, with Weelchair bloke and his carer's new girlfriend.

"SHE PUSHED ME!!"

well, for anyone curious about our darling local yobs, there is vicky pollard, except i think she is more articulate, attractive and intelligent!
Little britian is great. the mighty boosh is a lot more sureal, from what i've seen of it.

Yep, it is far more surreal.

Vince the cool dude who can talk to animals, and he gets on really well with them actually, even the wild ones.

Howard Moon, the man of many faces, actor extraordinaire, and one who seeks knowledge whereever it may be.

Bob Fossil the zookeeper, who knows nothing of the animals he keeps, and cares not for them too (not in the second series).

Naboo the magician and seer, who makes his own hair products of which Vince is a big fan.

Bollo the Gorilla, The Moon, Old Gregg, Milky Joe, all classic characters not to be missed. Milky Joe is a coconut attached to a stick-like body.

I was going to add these comments to the I.T Crowd thread, as a bit of a Boosh conversation was arising in there, but that would be derailing the thread even more so I figured I'd make a new one. I think there are a few Boosh fans around the place who might want to contribute here (hopefully!) and who knows, maybe we'll get a few more Boosh converts along the way! Probably not quite science fiction or fantasy, sorry -- but then again some (OK, all!) of the plots are pretty...fantastical to say the least!

For those who are new to the Boosh, the show revolves around Howard Moon and Vince Noir, two friends who have some very crazy adventures, along with Naboo the Shaman and Bollo the gorilla. Series one took place in a zoo, series two saw the two friends living in a house together and series three is in a shop, the Naboutique! It's a crazy show written by the stars, Julian Barret and Noel Fielding (who also write and perform the music in the show) with the best moments being, in my eyes, the one to one conversations between the characters of Vince and Noel which are sometimes improvised and spontaneous.

So, the third series of the Mighty Boosh begins next Thursday 15th November at 10:30pm on BB3. And can I say -- AT LAST! My friend and I have waited for this for so very long and are looking forward to it immensely!

For anyone who's interested, a few videos for your perusal (and who knows, perhaps a few of you will be inspired to watch the series after seeing these clips :D)

The advert for the third series:

And also a couple of clips from the new series. It looks awesome, I must say. The set is especially psychedelic, which suits the Boosh well!

"You're a big man with tiny eyes -- it's a creepy combo". Oh, man, roll on Thursday!! :D

I missed the first series entirely, but I saw maybe three shows of the last series and enjoyed them immensely.
I'm looking forward to this new series, and if it's not as good as the first two series (these things happen) then I still have many old episodes to look forward to watching if they're ever repeated.

Lucky me.

Blasphemy, Harpo, blasphemy! Even from the small clips I've watched, I've already laughed manically and am so looking forward to Thursday!

But you're right about watching the old series again. I actually didn't even find out about the Boosh until last year when my university friend introduced me to it, so the series were no longer on the tv and thus had many episodes to catch up on. I bought the DVDs of both though once I'd watched a couple of episodes from my friend's DVD and found that I loved it. And then when the Live Show came out I immediately bought that which is possibly even funnier than the series. And I watch these again and again :D But my friend and I are certainly looking forward to some new sketches -- and new quotes! (We're forever quoting the Boosh together).

We have had the first two series here in Aussieland on SBS. I never watched them when they were on TV but a friend bought the DVD of both series and lent it to me. Its some funny stuff there. The Hitcher is one of my favourite episodes.

Yes, I think The Hitcher is easily one of my favourite characters ("I'm a cockney flower, look at me shower!) I even dressed as him for a fancy dress pub crawl :D When trawling YouTube earlier I saw that the first episode of the new series is on there (but didn't watch it, I'm holding out for Thursday!) and I think I saw the green face of the Hitcher on the little square preview icon for one of the parts of the episode ('cos they usually have to be split into three for an average tv episode on YouTube). I hope so, he's awesome!

Yeah he is awesome. "Its like connect four in dagger terms"

That sucks Joel. What if it never does? I do hope that they chuck it to Aussieland too.