Season 1 Episode 18: Parasite

Brian G Turner

Fantasist & Futurist
Staff member
Supporter
***** Spoilers! *****

Well, it gets better and better. :)

The confrontation between Mohinder and Sila was great, especially the issue about Sylar outwitting him.

And then for Peter to turn up! That was an incredibly climactic ending, with Sylar starting the brain opening process, and the last image we see of blood dropping to the ground, along with the locak of his hair - great touch!

I'm presuming Peter will end up with a big stand-off against Sylar - after all, he has the regeneration ability - but having seen the brief write up for next week's episode on the BBC site, I can see it's not going to be easy at all.

And we finally got to see Linderman - after such a big build up it would have been easy to be disappointed, but the choice of Malcolm MacDowell was inspired! Some very good casting decisions in this series, especially with Christopher Eccelestone.

And then there's the issue of Claire, and Nathan and Peter's mum introducing herself, knowing who she is - introducing the possibility she's had far more involvement in this than we could have guessed.

And Hiro still finds New York destroyed...

Overall, the tempo just keeps building higher and higher - only a few episodes left, but it still leaves me wanting more. :)

I thought that the Peter-Mohinder-Sylar cliffhanger was easily the most exciting. However, I don't really get how Sylar managed to turn off the IV without touching it, if it prevented him fromusing his abilities (in this case telekinesis).

I feel a bit sorry for Horn Rimmed Glasses, but hopefully he'll survive to fight and scheme another day. He's probably the best character in it, as he's the most complex and for a long time I couldn't tell if he was good or evil.

Agree with you on Eccleston. I didn't like him as the Doctor, but he's perfect as the invisible, and rather abrupt, man.

I don't really get how Sylar managed to turn off the IV without touching it, if it prevented him fromusing his abilities (in this case telekinesis).
Evidently it reduced his abilities pretty close to zero, but not quite, so he could still manage little tiny feats like turning the valve, with enough effort. Once the valve was off, all he needed to do was wait for what he'd already been given to wear off.

Back