Season 2 Episode 7

Rawled Demha

seeings how nobody else has started this one, i guess ill do it.

so what did we think?

kensei turning out to be adam munroe, the leader of the "first" group of super heroes. who saw this coming?

mohinder betraying old man bennett, for what? a chance to stop the virus he shoulda destroyed to begin with?

old man bennet losing his marbles? is he more worried about his own survival now, having seen a picture of his own death? funny how it can make him forget elementary procedures like USING GLOVES! apparently his old mentor didnt teach him very well at all...

and there was much more, that i cant remember now - c'mon guys, lemme hear your thoughts!

This was clearly another interesting episode. I am so relieved that we no longer have to deal with Hiro in ancient Japan pining away for the love of his life. Please! The question now is, "How is Hiro going to join with the group trying to save the world?" --- I am slightly embarrassed in that I thought that when Hiro restored history that our whole Heroes situation would reset after Season One.:eek: He did reset history, didn't he?

But now we have Peter who is probably going to move heaven and earth to reunite with Irish dolly (sigh! I am so bad with names! Bridgett or something.) It appears like his memories are going to start coming back. Will his control (what little he had) come back with his memory?

Who is Adam Munroe? I can't place him? Should I?

Do you really believe Clare and her Father split at this point? It would seem to be a real possibility because I think one of the paintings show Clare involved in what looks to be killing her father (Mr. Bennett). I think that Mr. Bennett, aka "creepy glasses guy" is this years sacrificial lamb. I also believe we have not seen the true West (fly boy) yet.

If NBC follows ordinary network protocol next week will be the last of the new series until January. Usually that means that they give us more meat and bigger questions, a kind of cliff hanger to make us set our DVD recorders for the next new one. I also watch "Journey Man" which follows Heroes, and there the promised some clearing up of questions next week, so I would expect something of the same for Heroes.

Who is Adam Munroe? I can't place him? Should I?
He's the white guy who pretended to be Takezo a few hundred years ago!

He's the connection between the Japan story and the rest of the show. I'm glad there turned out to be one. It had seemed very disconnected and random, but now it turns out that Hiro influenced the personality development of the guy who's behind a lot of our superpower problems in the present. I didn't see his presence in the present coming, but in retrospect I realized that it was foreshadowed by his lines to Hiro about Hiro having first taught him nobility and heroism and then turned it all sour by betraying him.

The most interesting parts of it to me were about the Parkmans. For one thing, it turns out that Matt was arguably the most powerful one of them all all along, and just didn't know it because he was too benevolent to go probing his abilities to find out "what else can I do to people?". It also seemed strange to me at first that he could defeat his father, who had equal power but more experience and malevolent willingness and imagination about using it. He did have surprise on his side, but my first thought about it was that he managed to exploit a vulnerability his father had that nobody else could have touched, even if they had the same power: his father apparently still had a sense of regret and shame about leaving the family, which rendered him prone to being trapped in the moment that he thought of as his own greatest failing by one of the people he'd wronged in that moment.

Also, if Matt has exactly the same power as his father (and Bob knew it), what does that tell us about the inheritance of powers? The only other examples we have of superpowered parents having superpowered children involve completely different powers between parent and offspring, not exactly the same ones or even close. (Claire got superhealing from a flying parent and a firestarting parent; the Petrelli brothers have two different powers; Micah got his built-in universal remote control from a superstrong, possibly superfast parent and a parent with a tendency to violate the exclusion principle, who is himself the uncle of Miss Monkey See Monkey Do.) Maybe the way it works is that having one superpowered parent and one normal one gets you the superpowered parent's power, while having two superpowered parents gets you some new third power.

Maybe the way it works is that having one superpowered parent and one normal one gets you the superpowered parent's power, while having two superpowered parents gets you some new third power.

i was thinking this as well. maybe there's something about dominant genes in there as well - parkman got his power from his father; if he had a sister, would she have had the same power? a brother?

also, what are the petrelli seniors' powers?

Takezo being Adam was the most predictable thing ever......

Ever since he jumped off the roof to kill Hiro's father and we saw his power in ancient Japan ;)

Its cool the main boss is Hiro's nemesis who hates him so much.

Bennet dying will kill of 60% interest for the show for me. He is too good and too interesting to kill.

Mohinder is weak to believe the half truths and lies of Bob. I hope he dies....

I hope Hiro and Peter team up to destroy the company before the screw the world with the virus. Hiro and Peter are the most powerful of any superpowered in the series.

Takezo being Adam was the most predictable thing ever......

Ever since he jumped off the roof to kill Hiro's father and we saw his power in ancient Japan ;)

in hindsight, yeah, but who suggested this might be so before it was revealed? :p

what i wanna know, is, does cellular regeneration mean they dont age? i mean, hes gotta be about 350 years old by now. is this the future for claire?

This might be new to you but i have read the many comics Heroes has ripped off totaly ;)

As a comic fan 99% of Heroes story is soo old.

Check out my last post in the heroes forum and you will see i wrote Takezo is the leader of the company and is immortal.

http://www.sffchronicles.co.uk/forum/41915-season-2-episode-6-a.html

In this ep Hiro said he did something that fractured time. I think whatever he does wrong there is the cause of the trouble today in NYC. Kenzie's symbol and the company's are the same That is too big of a coincidence. Kenzie is prolly immortal and one of the leaders of the company. Almost like Superman who never gets old, i have read stories where he lived so long until the sun died.

In Hindsight what is that ? ;)

I called it 3-5 weeks ago whenever that ep Hiro father was killed. Only person that can have done that is immortal. I just dont post in Heroes forums after every ep.
I dont mind them using superheroes cliches but Kenzie thing was handed too badly too predictable. Specially since they think its surprising.

lol. i guess you did see it coming. i was surprised a bit though.

however, i always find it fishy when there's no body to go with a death. and i always get suspicious especially when people die in a fire. fires are too convenient for cover ups.

i guess it was the time gap that stopped me from making the connection. does healing really mean immortality? i thought wolverine (from x-men) only lasted so long cos of his indestructibe frame, namely the adamantium skeleton...

Healing all the time is immortality. Why do you think Superman is immortal? He can heal any wound in seconds. The same with Wolverine. He has lived over 200 years cause he heals too fast to get old.

Superhero science :p

Claire will prolly never get old or die if you dont find the weakness of their immortality. Which they will find since Adam/Kenzie is the big villain of this season.

Bennet dying will kill of 60% interest for the show for me. He is too good and too interesting to kill.

Mohinder is weak to believe the half truths and lies of Bob. I hope he dies....

IMHO Bennett is neither good nor interesting. He is CREEPY! Perhaps evil, and far too cold blooded an influence on Clare. I still do not trust him at all. I will rejoice if he is lifted from the scene.

I am sure Mohinder will not die. He's the narrator after all which implies that at the end of the show's life he will still be there.

I’m glad the Hiro’s Feudal Japan visit is over also. I don’t mind subtitles or anything like that I just thought it was bad sloppy story telling and it felt more like a Hollywood set than Feudal Japan, this was just a missed opportunity. I was glad to see Hiro pick up the sword and use some of his training. I don’t think Hiro ever fractured history. I think he just thinks he did. In truth I take the view that Hiro was always part of history and without him Takezo would not have been the hero of legend. So there is no need to reset anything.

After the things Claire survived I wasn’t surprised at all to see that Adam was Takezo. And the Biblical Reference to Adam as the first man has to be intentional. Adam perhaps was the first Hero and maybe all the people with powers are descended from him, or at least he thinks they are.

I do believe Bennet loves Claire and he's having the big moral struggle over who he wants to be. I do think Claire's story will be better if she takes off on her own and gets away from High School.

i never see the obvious links. the first man and hero thing went way over my head!

i agree with you scott - hiro did not "fracture" (im not sure its the best word, but i cant think of a better right now so it'll do) time, he only did what he was meant to do - im a big believer in fate...

i hope mohinder dies as well...

and connavar. healing all the time is not immortality is it? and on top of that, healing shouldnt prevent ageing either should it? eternal youth is a different matter altogether isnt it? im a "superhero scientist" as well :D

Healing all the time is immortality in comics at least.

I have read Wolverine for many years and his thing is that his cells regenerate too fast for him to get old or to die. I have seen many cases and stories on that. I have seen him regenerate his chopped off head. What can age to do him then. He does get old. But like 10-20 years after couple centuries. Kenzie,Claire are apparently the Superman type immortality which means eternal youth up to a point . Cause Kenzie havent aged a day.

There are apparently different kinds off immortality. Supes,Wolverine,Kenzie,Claire are only one type.

I have seen many others just cant remember them right now.

Back